[Declined] Automatic Save script for Chrime

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Declined] Automatic Save script for Chrime

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:34 pm

drive4fun2me wrote:Does anyone know of an automatic save script for Chrome that will save after a certain number of changes. I believe that there may be one for Safari but have not been able to find one for Chrome.

I really liked this feature of the WazeBar in Safari.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

[Declined] Automatic Save script for Chrime

Postby drive4fun2me » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 pm

Does anyone know of an automatic save script for Chrome that will save after a certain number of changes. I believe that there may be one for Safari but have not been able to find one for Chrome.
drive4fun2me

Re: Automatic Save script for Chrime

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:25 am

drive4fun2me wrote:Does anyone know of an automatic save script for Chrome that will save after a certain number of changes. I believe that there may be one for Safari but have not been able to find one for Chrome.

That sort of thing could be disastrous. I frequently see a serious error that I"ve made and have to Undo several steps. Just last night, I almost deleted several segments of freeway, thinking I had just hit "D" to get rid of some junction nodes. Fortunately, I noticed before I hit "Save".
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice ... Waze chat on IRC.
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby leocylau » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:30 am

OyyoDams wrote:

That's technically possible (tested while developping scripts). But I agree with other answers, I don't want to see such a feature in production, as it can very damage the map. Undo is not possible once save is done...

Agreed. Don't do that please!
UK WikiWaze StatusUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

Newcastle upon Tyne AM
Motorola Razr i
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby OyyoDams » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:16 am

That's technically possible (tested while developping scripts). But I agree with other answers, I don't want to see such a feature in production, as it can very damage the map. Undo is not possible once save is done...
[ WME Toolbox Image | WME Toolbox Image ] [ Register on Waze Team ! ]
OyyoDams
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby RodNav » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:59 am

jasonh300 wrote:

That sort of thing could be disastrous. I frequently see a serious error that I"ve made and have to Undo several steps. Just last night, I almost deleted several segments of freeway, thinking I had just hit "D" to get rid of some junction nodes. Fortunately, I noticed before I hit "Save".

Agreed! Perhaps a popup reminder to save after X number of saves, but definitely not an auto save.
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung GT-I9300 (Galaxy S3), Android 4.1.2
RodNav
Beta tester
Beta tester

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts