Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Declined] Automatic Save script for Chrime

Post by drive4fun2me
Does anyone know of an automatic save script for Chrome that will save after a certain number of changes. I believe that there may be one for Safari but have not been able to find one for Chrome.
drive4fun2me

POSTER_ID:16783931

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
drive4fun2me wrote:Does anyone know of an automatic save script for Chrome that will save after a certain number of changes. I believe that there may be one for Safari but have not been able to find one for Chrome.
I really liked this feature of the WazeBar in Safari.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by jasonh300
drive4fun2me wrote:Does anyone know of an automatic save script for Chrome that will save after a certain number of changes. I believe that there may be one for Safari but have not been able to find one for Chrome.
That sort of thing could be disastrous. I frequently see a serious error that I"ve made and have to Undo several steps. Just last night, I almost deleted several segments of freeway, thinking I had just hit "D" to get rid of some junction nodes. Fortunately, I noticed before I hit "Save".
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by leocylau
OyyoDams wrote:
That's technically possible (tested while developping scripts). But I agree with other answers, I don't want to see such a feature in production, as it can very damage the map. Undo is not possible once save is done...
Agreed. Don't do that please!
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by OyyoDams
That's technically possible (tested while developping scripts). But I agree with other answers, I don't want to see such a feature in production, as it can very damage the map. Undo is not possible once save is done...
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by RodNav
jasonh300 wrote:
That sort of thing could be disastrous. I frequently see a serious error that I"ve made and have to Undo several steps. Just last night, I almost deleted several segments of freeway, thinking I had just hit "D" to get rid of some junction nodes. Fortunately, I noticed before I hit "Save".
Agreed! Perhaps a popup reminder to save after X number of saves, but definitely not an auto save.
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G