The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Machete808
I hear they're working on enabling time-restricted turn settings. Can't happen soon enough! That's got to be one of the most frustrating sources of system and user reports.
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
Area manager, Los Angeles, NYC
Country manager, U.S.,Thailand
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by HandofMadness
Here's a link to the Wiki section that covers this:
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... cted_Turns
In a situation where a turn is illegal during certain times of the day (e.g. No Left Turn, 7-10 am, 3-7 pm, Weekdays), it's generally best to err on the side of caution and restrict the turn.
So that's the official answer.

Having said that, that should be changing soon.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by HandofMadness
AndyPoms wrote: Who changed it to that? The last I remember was the guidance was "if it's restricted for most of the day OR if the restriction impacts more travelers than it allows (i.e. highway on ramp closed during rush hours) then restrict it"...
Harling changed it last December. Prior to that, it said to Allow Turns and leave it up to the driver to notice the restriction and avoid the turn. I remember a discussion thread on it, but I'm too lazy to try and find that for you.

Also the FAQ addresses time restricted turns and says this:
Therefore, in order to prevent Waze from recommending an illegal turn, if a turn is restricted during any time of day, it is usually better to restrict the turn completely. This is especially true when the restriction is set during commute hours when the traffic is the most busy and confusing.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by jasonh300
Actually, that's the original language I put in there about a year ago during the Los Angeles cleanup. I remember it being changed, but I guess someone reverted it.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Post by jeremysbell
How does one get access to the beta (I suppose the answer is to search first)... I ask, because Toronto is filled with time-restricted turns and I'm noticing all kinds of issues submitted because of it. That, and I've personally found that Waze will route me the long way around something a number of times, simply because it doesn't know I can actually make a turn sooner.
jeremysbell

Post by jasonh300
Beta access is currently by invitation only from the developers. Just be patient. The beta features will be in the regular editor as soon as all of the bugs are worked out.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Post by jasonh300
Mycahmason wrote:Is there an ETA on when the time restricted turns will be available as an option?

Thanks!
The default answer to that is "soon". There are still some bugs to be worked out. It could be "a while".
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Post by HandofMadness
They had a nasty hiccup earlier this week. If you saw a rash of "turn not allowed" complaints this week, that's why.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by HiroTheHero
What is the best "Report As" option to pick for Time Restricted turns?
HiroTheHero

Post by HiroTheHero
Do you mean in the client?

I'd like to see Turn Not allowed, with the comment "Time restricted", the turn direction, street from, street to, and a description of the restrictions.

That's a lotta typing, though.
Is there a way to type this information in the online map editor?
HiroTheHero