[Script] UROverview Plus v3.7 (20140330)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: Re: UROverview script - v1.3

Postby pvaladares » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:36 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
pvaladares wrote:It would be excellent if you could display the UR in the livemap. Why? Because in livemap less data is requested to the server so it is possible to set a zoom good enough to get a UR overview in larger area.
Do you think this is feasible?

Or, someone find out how to hack the editor to give another zoom out level... Not sure that's possible as that may require a different call to the server, and it likely rejects other zoom levels.

I have suggested another zoom out level. However I have been told that it would overload the server because many users, at the same time, requesting the most zoom out level, would produce too much data request for the current Waze infrastructure.
Between, if you check the WME Extend or the WazeBar plugins they have a fullscreen option. This is already increasing the data you should normally request.

In the LiveMap less layers are loaded so the zoom out levels are wide. You can see wholes countries!
If the UR layer was implemented in the LiveMap it would be great. After identifying the places where there are UR we could zoom in and change to edition mode :-)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: Re: UROverview script - v1.5

Postby pvaladares » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:48 am

daknife wrote:It's useful, I just wish it didn't insist on popping the box up on top of the UR's unless I make sure to move them to the upper left portion of the screen. I don't need to open the UR's in another tab, I just need to be able to click on and open the UR and the pop-up box trying to cover the UR's gets annoying quickly.

I agree.
It is very difficult to select the UR with the popup.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: UROverview script - v1.5

Postby pvaladares » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:26 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:How about updating the first post title with version and date info like other scripts?

Agree ;)
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.3 (20131221)

Postby qwaletee » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:09 am

Having a problem with the script. For UR's, it is not waiting for me to hover or click n a UR. It is getting hung up on whichever UR it finds first when it loads (either on-screen already or nearvy), and instantly displaying the pop-up for it, no hover or anything required. It then refuses to let go of that one UR until it scrolls well off screen. I can't get another UR on the same screen to show the pop-up -- the first one latched onto is apparently a love affair. Monogamy until she leaves me.
Active in New York and New Jersey (USA)
qwaletee
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby qwaletee » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:30 pm

Chrome
Webs tore
Production
Tampermonkey: Street to river, WME Livemap, Highlights, JNF; direct: LMUR, URO, WME route checker, Toolbox, Junction angle,
qwaletee
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby qwaletee » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:06 am

URO+ 3.3 and LMUR 2.4. The latter operates on Livemap, not WME, or at least is advertised as such.
qwaletee
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:25 am

Twister-UK wrote:As mentioned in the reply above, I'm aware of an issue with URO+ 3.3 and the latest WME beta release which is preventing UR popups from appearing at all (rather ironic given the problem qwaletee is having...), so I'll be looking into that soon - if anyone spots any other beta-related issues please let me know ASAP.

If it would help you, I can do a screen share with you so you can see what's going on and tweak Chrome to debug.
qwaletee
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.6 (20140202)

Postby qwaletee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:27 pm

sketch wrote:BTW, there seems to be a new bug with respect to the beta editor, where sometimes the hovering UR box doesn't disappear no matter what I do, even sometimes if I refresh. Usually it picks one UR right when I open the beta and shows its info box the entire time.

This has been my problem with URO+ with the non-beta for a couple of months. Never figured it out, and I mostly abandoned URO+ because of it. The box blocked way too much of my screen, and I couldn't get it to go to anpother one without scrolling the offending UR way off screen... only to have URO+ usually choose another random UR to fixate on.

If you can figure out how to fix this, I won't kiss you, but I might think about it.
qwaletee
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby qwaletee » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:19 am

It mysteriously started working for me now.

I would like to see a simple option to temporarily disable all the options without having to reset them individually each time, if that's doable. Also, some of the Yes/No options are confusing, is there documentation on them? I may not have skimmed enough of the 34 pages in this thread :)
qwaletee
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby qwaletee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Twister-UK wrote:
qwaletee wrote:It mysteriously started working for me now.

I would like to see a simple option to temporarily disable all the options without having to reset them individually each time, if that's doable. Also, some of the Yes/No options are confusing, is there documentation on them? I may not have skimmed enough of the 34 pages in this thread :)

I think everything has been documented to some extent as and when that particular option/feature was introduced/revised, but there's no single point of reference for the script, no. Unfortunately, as the script has evolved/mutated/turned into something far removed from its humble beginnings a year and a half ago, I haven't been placing as much emphasis on consistency of operation as I perhaps ought to have.

When I get some time to mess around with the code again I'd like to work on tidying up the UI a bit, but that isn't likely to be for a while yet - the only coding I have time for right now is the stuff that pays the bills...

That's why I don't code anymore. It stopped paying the bills. Not that the network stuff I'm doing now entirely does, but at least it is more consistent.

Since the WME update though, URO+ is failing again. I tried it with all other Waze-related scripts disabled, but no go. Is there any way to debug this? As you can see above, several other users are experiencing this problem.

The symptoms are that when a map page initially loads, if there are any URs visible on the page (even if they are invisible for whatever reason), the "hover pop up" message appears right away, as if I had hovered over that UR. It sometimes appears near the UR, and sometimes in a random place on the screen. If there are multiple URs on screen, one gets chosen at seeming random. There is no way to get rid of the hover pop up, unless I simply pan it all the way off screen AND another UR appears. Turning off the UR layer does not help. Hovering over a different UR does not bring up the pop up for that other UR, the original stubbornly stays where it is.

It is exactly the same set of symptoms that occurred prior to it mysteriously starting to work.
qwaletee
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts