Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Fredo-p
vectorspace wrote:Really like the toolbox, thanks for putting all these tools in one place...

After using it for a while, there seems to be a memory leak in the code somewhere. I notice that in Task Manager that the instance of Chrome that is running while using Toolbox increasingly uses more and more memory, getting sluggish as it ramps up to use 1GB of memory to 1.5GB. I have to close the instance of Chrome WME is in, then opening it again to get rid of the memory hogging of that window. Starting again gets back down to about 105 MB or so.

Has anyone else noticed this?
I have. Opening FF is quick and I can surf the net easily. However, ever since I installed taper monkey and updated WMET, Chrome takes twice as long just to load the starting page. My Chrome task manager shows a massive hit on memory. If I was to go to WME, it slows down a bit more. But if I was to disable taper monkey (stopping WMET, angle checker, route check, Wiki tool bar) then Chrome speeds back up.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
Forgot to mention I'm running the latest Chrome on Lubuntu

Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Clicking the config icon on the toolbox toolbar does change the config window to allow it to be closed, however, Validator is inop at this time. Here are screenshots of what it looks like in the beginning and after you click on the config box.
toolbox config01.jpg
(82.17 KiB) Downloaded 849 times
toolbox config02.jpg
(61.87 KiB) Downloaded 855 times
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
nibby34 wrote:real quick guys how do i install a new update with chrome? i am new to chrome and i know firefox just updates it for you and installs and when u refresh it comes back but all i get with chrome is Added to chrome. how do i get the update?
also the old toolbox will not open for me
The update should be automatic. But if the update isn't happening, uninstall the add-on, clear the cache, restart chrome, and install the add-on again.

There is an issue with the toolbox not working. I don't know about installing the older version. You might have to manually install it as only the current version is available via the Chrome store.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
As of right now, NO!! Toolbox is experiencing an issue. Many, including myself, are getting issues with the configuration box not going away and the Toolbox itself not working. If your having issues with an older version, then the toolbox add-on itself may be experiencing issues all together. The only temp fix right now is to just disable it. But this is for those who also have Validator installed as well.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
No prob. Chrome used to play nice with add-ons but now is a bit tricky. If you find yourself having issues trying to install an add-on or script not found in the store, just open the Extensions window, then drag and drop the add-on/script into that window from your folder and poof, its installed.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
As requested.

Toolbox not working. Configuration box displays when loaded. After clearing display box, toolbox popup window shows nothing and disables/prevents Validator from loading.

Toolbox v1.4.0.7
Chrome v34.0.1847.137
OS Lubuntu 14.04
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
The update has removed the toolbox config display issue, but Validator is still being blocked and the toolbox icon displays a blank window. See screenshot.

Toolbox v1.4.0.8
toolbox issues.jpg
(78.92 KiB) Downloaded 787 times
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Toolbox 1.4.1.1 loaded.
Config box issue is gone. Validator is now loading. Toolbox window is now displaying correctly. No issues detected so far with toolbox. But I have been experiencing a save error for the past 45+ min now with toolbox disabled so it has nothing to do with toolbox.

Chrome Version 34.0.1847.137
NA Server
OS Lubuntu 14.04
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Strange, its been working fine for me since Monday on chrome with validator, highlights, uro+, and a few other add-on.

Fredo-p
Send a message