These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by foxitrot
This happens e.g. when you touch a wazer icon on a white (sort of) arrow at the map border, which will sometimes throw you to the Waze black hole. After returning to your position and tapping some wazer icon, the user info popup refuses to go away, just as you describe.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
lunarplexus wrote:Problem 1: While navigating, on many roads the pink line stops and then starts again after a segment. Also, sometimes a pink line appears on the opposite side of the double lane. Both problems can be seen in this screen. There is a possibility this is being caused by glitches from replacing the base maps for India. Problem is, these segments look perfectly normal in WME.
Possibly the map layer, which is used to generate the visible route, was built incorrectly?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
slandrum wrote:Usually, immediately prior to the app crashing, it opens a window suggesting that it's about to display an ad or an alert, and there's the spinning busy icon in the middle of the window for a few seconds then the app crashes.
It sounds like the often reported crash upon opening an ad, when the client/driver got steady for a moment at traffic lights. (It might also happen with alerts?)
slandrum wrote:When I say this happens regularly, It usually happens once every few days. Sometimes it will happen more than once in the same day, but when it does happen more than once in a day, it's not happening immediately after a prior crash.
Seems to be consistent with the promise, that the ad popups won't appear too often.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Take it positively :-) Maybe you were the last necessary impulse to convince the system, that the others should get re-routed.

There always have to be a few stuck inside to correctly judge the jam severity.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxtrotCool8
Waze has suddenly gone quiet on me... no sound of any kind (navigation, alerts). This happened recently, even before v3.7.3 came out, but updating did not resolve it.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy SIII running Android 4.1.2. I normally use the sound from the phone itself; I don’t route the sound to any Bluetooth or other external speaker.

I've checked the menu (the speaker icon is set to "Sound On") and also the Settings, Sound menu (prompt volume is set to max, play sound to phone speaker is unchecked by default).

I have followed the instruction on the support site to uninstall, delete the waze folder and reinstall... several times. I have tried to revert to an older version of Waze (v 3.7.0).

All to no avail…

Anyone experience the same thing and know of the fix?
foxtrotCool8
Send a message

Post by fpons25
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 in Peru.
Waze Version 3.7.3.0 constantly crashes, usually it force closes as soon as it starts, other times as soon as I select any option.
Every time waze gets to launch, it re-downloads the voice guidance.
It is unable to connect to the server when I start driving around, even when I have excelent coverage.
I have experienced the same issues on a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and a Galaxy S4 Mini.
Is there a fix or a way to roll back to the previous version?
Please... I can send logs or anything you need to fix this problem, just let me know.
Thank you
fpons25
Send a message

Post by fredesq
Hi there,
(Latest version and android 4.3)

Today I've had an entire portion of my map not show and the entire time I was driving, Waze was attempting to route me around the blank part.

But if you zoomed out, the map would appear
Zoomed out - https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzgbgw3y7jbtd ... .21.25.png
Zoomed in - https://www.dropbox.com/s/isfsv1orbj8u9 ... .21.38.png

This happened till a specific point on the map.

Let me know if you need to know where it is on the map - or if i need to do anything to my phone to correct it.
fredesq
Send a message

Post by FredyN
Wrong icon: on the map is a CLOSED ROAD icon but in the popup window is an CAR ACCIDENT icon.
And the CLOSE button [X] would be better visible in top right corner of the popup window, than in lower left on the map (have not fount on the first time) :)
FredyN
Send a message
Attachments

Post by gadgetech3142
When I am driving to work on the freeway (Houston US290) if I decide to exit the freeway and drive along the access road the app still thinks I'm on the freeway. The only way I have found to fix this is to exit the app and restart it. Then It gets the position correct, so I know the app is capable of telling whether I am on the main lanes or on the access road, but it just assumes that I am following the route it has laid out, unless I suddenly make a right turn; then it recalculates the route. Or if I get off the main lanes and stop at a traffic light, it asks me if I'm in a traffic jam. This is something I think should be easy enough to fix; the phone's built in map software does it flawlessly.
I use a Samsung Galaxy Note II.
gadgetech3142
Send a message

Post by gas_85
Hallo,
3.7.3.X are still crashing on Samsung Galaxy S2, S3 and S4. It is mentioned that some bug fixes in 3.7.3.1, but it is not.
Rollback to 3.7.2.
gas_85
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message