The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Sections of Roads Disappearing on Map Editor

Post by TR-11
Can anyone help? I am on the Map Editor, and after panning around the map, large sections of the roads disappear and do not reload, even after zooming in or out. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks!
TR-11
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16790399

Send a message
TR-11
Area Manager: Delaware
Contributor to: Lancaster PA, Eastern Shore, MD

https://s.waze.tools/c4s.png      https://s.waze.tools/s0150.png      

huskermedic
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Mod Note: Moved to the main editor forum, this is not a post for Issues and Requests.

This problem has been reported to Waze and they are working on a solution.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by LumberJackDavid
I have also quit editing until they resolve this issue. I feel there are going to be a LOT of "issues" to fix after it's all over with.
LumberJackDavid
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
photoplex wrote:
texasaxet wrote:I agree that over the past 2 weeks, WME has been slow to load roads... if they ever load at all.

Today, however, I can't load any roads. A message appears in the top right that says "Loading Roads..." and after several seconds, it goes away, but the roads aren't loaded. Maybe a server finally dropped?
This is exactly what I'm experiencing. It's so bad I've stopped editing the map, as the Roads layer basically doesn't exist any more.
Agree. Having the same issues. I've also stopped editing. I'm worried that 2-3 layers of changes/additions are going to show up when this resolves.
nzahn1  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by paulkok_my
dhinote13 wrote:Can anyone help? I am on the Map Editor, and after panning around the map, large sections of the roads disappear and do not reload, even after zooming in or out. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks!
What about refreshing the screen?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by photoplex
I get this all the time, and it's so bad lately it's stopped me from editing the map.

You can sometimes get it back by removing then readding the roads layer (shift-r). Sometimes it comes back, other times not. Clicking permalink will reload the whole page, but it's not an optimal experience.

This has definitely gotten worse in the last 2 weeks.
photoplex
Send a message

Post by photoplex
texasaxet wrote:I agree that over the past 2 weeks, WME has been slow to load roads... if they ever load at all.

Today, however, I can't load any roads. A message appears in the top right that says "Loading Roads..." and after several seconds, it goes away, but the roads aren't loaded. Maybe a server finally dropped?
This is exactly what I'm experiencing. It's so bad I've stopped editing the map, as the Roads layer basically doesn't exist any more.
photoplex
Send a message

Post by texasaxet
I agree that over the past 2 weeks, WME has been slow to load roads... if they ever load at all.

texasaxet
Send a message