World's Mega Traffic Events - All You Need To Know  Topic is solved

The Waze Community is working together to fight chaotic traffic events worldwide

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, orit_y, mbino16

Re: World's Mega Traffic Events - All You Need To Know

Postby orbitc » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:35 pm

FXavierM wrote:Hi guys. I need help with a major event in Barcelona that will close two of the major streets in the city. I've sent a request in this site (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1R0XIsG ... o/viewform) and today waze sent me an e-mail that accept the event. Now I don't know what is the next step to do correctly this event.

Please help, and sorry for my english..

Waze usually share a document with you to fill in. In that, you can put in permalinks, closure times (dates, hours etc.) Did you get that one yet? If not this form should work just as fine. Just follow each page and continue to add all the segments that are closed.
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby FXavierM » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi guys. I need help with a major event in Barcelona that will close two of the major streets in the city. I've sent a request in this site (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1R0XIsG ... o/viewform) and today waze sent me an e-mail that accept the event. Now I don't know what is the next step to do correctly this event.

Please help, and sorry for my english..
FXavierM

Postby glaucoh » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi, I'm trying to fill road closures regarding FIFA's World Cup event in Curitiba, Brazil, and apparently I have read-only access to that spreadsheet. What am I missing? Thank you.
glaucoh

Postby edsonajj » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:32 pm

sketch wrote:
foxitrot wrote:
sketch wrote:So there's no real need for the routing server to be time-zone-aware except perhaps for proper ETA calculations on routes that cross time zone lines.

Someone sitting near a time zone line may be willing to try this out: two similar TBTRs valid since e.g. 10:00 at two sides of the line, a route through them at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30 and note, which one is when taken.

Staff informed us that TBTRs are not time zone aware, I believe.

My extrapolation is based not only on personal experience and conjecture but also on that statement from staff.

This is a screenshot of some of the data that I was asked for when preparing for the Mexico City Marathon so I still maintain that for events it would be easy to use as a way to manage different time zones.
Attachments
Event Times.png
(134.52 KiB) Downloaded 4891 times
edsonajj
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby sketch » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:42 pm

foxitrot wrote:
sketch wrote:So there's no real need for the routing server to be time-zone-aware except perhaps for proper ETA calculations on routes that cross time zone lines.

Someone sitting near a time zone line may be willing to try this out: two similar TBTRs valid since e.g. 10:00 at two sides of the line, a route through them at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30 and note, which one is when taken.

Staff informed us that TBTRs are not time zone aware, I believe.

My extrapolation is based not only on personal experience and conjecture but also on that statement from staff.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby edsonajj » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:24 pm

foxitrot wrote:

When helping with the scheduled blocks for the Mexico City Marathon I had to provide groups of segment IDs and closure times for each group... I guess this could be used to set different times the correspond with the time in each side of the time line.
edsonajj
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby foxitrot » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:44 pm

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Waze uses local time based on the client. This is the same as it uses for ETA calculation. The server doesn't know or understand time zones. If the client tells the routing server it's 11:30, and the server knows the road is closed 11-4, the server will tell the client it's closed.

Presumably, since mobile phones set time and time zone automatically, the client's clock can be trusted. So there's no real need for the routing server to be time-zone-aware except perhaps for proper ETA calculations on routes that cross time zone lines.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby argus-cronos » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:29 pm

During one of our managed events the local time zone, anything else wouldn't make sense. But i would mention the time zone to be sure.
argus-cronos

Postby the1who » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Probably been mentioned, but scrambling here...what time zone is being used? Should I assume that in the form? I don't remember it specifying that so I just put the local time. So are the events posting in advance and will last through the event end anyways? Some questions I guess I am not sure of. Thanks!
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to World's Mega Traffic Events