Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Searching for network...

Post by rlp518
Since last week, I noticed my account changed somewhat (I could no longer see my friends, for instance and I did nothing to change my settings on my end). Most aggravating is that I get a "Searching for network" error message while driving in places where I never received it before -- and it doesn't go away. My account is going backwards -- I'm losing points instead of gaining.

Checked with my carrier (Virgin Mobile that uses the Sprint network) and they say coverage in my area has not changed. Re-started the phone and removed Waze from it and then reinstalled and the problem remains.

I am in 08055 zip in S. NJ.
rlp518

POSTER_ID:9657650

Send a message

Post by andrewpaulcooper
I also have this issue over most of 2014. Good GTS, Good phone contact, useless network connection in Waze. Was working well. HTC Desire (Android) in UK. Regards Paul
andrewpaulcooper
Send a message

Post by bb45ct
For the past two weeks I've been unable to access the "network" in the evenings on my way home. I have no trouble on the way to work. :?: No problems accessing cell networks. At least 4 bars all the way. Unless I can resolve this problem, the app is useless.
bb45ct
Send a message

Post by fishingP
I had this error this morning. I closed WAZE and reopened and the problem was gone. As I was stationary in an area where I had good cell coverage, it didn't make sense.
fishingP
Send a message

Post by pepperell
I am also seeing this issue on my Sprint Epic Touch 4g (Samsung Galaxy S2). Makes the app almost unusable. I have noticed that a restart fixes the issue but I am not going to restart my phone every time I want to use Waze. This just started happening recently. Within the last couple week. Either the app changes or Sprint did something to their towers.
pepperell
Send a message

Post by Riamus
This sounds like a tower location problem. You should have a code you can dial in your phone to refresh the towers. On Verizon, I think it's something like # followed by 3 numbers and then dial, but I forget exactly at the moment. Most people never use it, but it's recommended to do every so often and especially before trips to give you the best network access.
Riamus
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Previously Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S21+.

Post by sdickers
I am having the same problem. I grabbed my nephew's phone and it worked perfectly. I sometimes put where I want to go from inside my home where there is WiFi. It is as if the app expects me to have it on the road because I have it at home. I use Sprint and so does my nephew. Mine is an iPhone 4 and his is an iPhone 4S.
sdickers
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
Could be the same as reported here

I also think that sometimes I got this "searching ..." when I forget to turn off Wifi on the road.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message