Post by nzahn1
elliottp wrote:I work for Baltimore County GIS, and we are the addressing authority for the county, as well as maintainers of the official centerlines. Therefore, I have a lot of information that can be useful to Waze.
You should read this post from waze staff looking for geocoding data, you are the perfect person to help them in our area.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by trooster10
I drive and edit there occasionally, and haven't noticed too many major issues, just a lot of minor ones - specifically, missing route numbers on many segments, no standard on what constitutes a primary street, and, as you mentioned, incorrect voice instructions for many of the unusual intersections in the city. Some of the other editors I've seen hard at work improving the city map recently are nzahn1, mjestic, and kodi75. In case you don't know about this already, I've found Baltimore's City View website to be an excellent resource - set the base map to "City Map" and you have the city's own map with all of the street names and addresses.

Take a look at what I did at the intersection. I exaggerated the angle of the split to about 25 degrees, so that the instructions will be "keep left at Hillen" or "keep right at Pleasant". You can just delete the first geometry node if you want to undo this.
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Thomas R. - Level 5 Editor
State Manager - Maryland