Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by gascans
I have a problem with the hands free command recognition after waze has been running for a few minutes. At first the app has no problem recognizing my commands, but when I get out on the road for a little bit, it can't understand me anymore. And it is not just road noise either, because when I stop and the car is quiet, I tried again several time commands like "shutdown", but it still didn't recognize the command. Then I shutdown by menu, and immediately start up again and it had no problem with understanding me again. I can't tell if it is hearing anything because there is no visual feedback on the voice recognition. When the waze app is having trouble, I can switchout to the home screen and the google voice search and even the voice keyboard all understand me just fine.

1) Can you add visual feedback to the microphone icon when I'm speaking? Something like just blinking or pulsing would be good.
2) Does anyone else have trouble with voice/command recognition after the app has been running for 5-10 minutes?

My phone is the HTC Evo V 3D.
gascans
Send a message

Post by glsoledade
I started to use Wise some days ago but it is not working anymore.

When I click on "navigate" or try to use the navigation bar it suddenly closes, without any error message.

Any idea or suggestions?

Cell phone: Motorola Razr D1 XT916
Android 4.1.2 (original rom)
Wise 3.7.3
glsoledade
Send a message

Post by glsoledade
Just found a solution to work around: I deleted the "history" file and it is working again.
glsoledade
Send a message

Post by Gluek
berestovskyy wrote:
mousepl wrote: 2. Police hazard, traffic hazard? It's not working! Hazards are displayed for 5-10 minutes and then disappearing...
True. The "Alerts time" article says that user's alert should be on a map at least 1 hour, but in fact it disappears after 15 minutes max. This is way too quick (at least for the Poland) IMO.

If it's not a bug or other countries need shorter timeouts then I suggest we set this timeout for 1,5 hours and then divide it by the "Road Rank" (i.e. short timeouts for busy roads).
Same problem for Russia, here in Moscow we need at least 1 hour timeout by default ("thanks" adds +15 minutes, right?), accedints or traffic alerts never ends in 15 minutes.
Gluek
Send a message
Группа Waze Russia в Slack | Группа @WazeRussia в Telegram и канал новостей @WazeNews

INTL server updates Telegram bot: @WazeUpdatesBot

Post by gofasters4
SrKlein wrote:
marcedli wrote:
SrKlein wrote:Waze keeps draining battery even with the app turned off and gps turned off. Battery stats keeps showing waze's gps use growing larger and larger, until I reboot the phone, then it stops.
I've tried turning off waze before and after turning off gps, but it doesn't matter how it will keep draining my battery if i dont reboot my phone.

This issue is happening on a Rooted Nexus 4 with Stock Android 4.3
try Greenify app from Play, it can kill the process while not in use. However waze can receive push messages since the message system was introduced and probably you will not get these while waze will be "greenified"

Sent with Tapatalk 4
Thanks for the tip, but since this is some kind of bug, i dont want to "patch" it by installing a third party app, I want this to be solved, or i will just use another app that gets the job done.

Its not about push notifications, since I disabled them completely. As I said before, it's got something to do with gps usage, because its the only thing that keeps growing on battery stats for waze. not cpu time, data sent or received or anything, just gps usage.
I have a rooted Nexus 4 with stock 4.3 ROM and Franco kernel. For me - after "switching off" Waze via the menu, the app and GPS do not consume any more CPU and battery.
I know this doesn't solve your issue but it's a data point.
gofasters4
Send a message

Post by Guill007
Hi,
I have the same crash problem with my Galaxy S3. Waze crashes after a couple of minutes then seems to be fairly stable.

The other issue I'm facing is that Waze looses the network from time to time and take quite some time to get back online. While it was complaining about not having a network, I was able to send an email or do some web browsing using the so called unavailable network. Most of the time I have to exit and restart Waze to get it back to normal...

The last issue is that this version is draining the battery very fast. Even on power supply the phone has trouble to gain a few percent of charge. I kill everything else on the phone and it doesn't help. This was not the case with the previous version.

Hope that a 3.8.0 version will fix all that ;-)
Thanks.
Guill007
Send a message

Post by Guill007
Version 3.7.3.1 is not behaving: it reports lost network way too often while in the mean time I'm still receiving emails...
Are Waze servers all saturated ? Or is it a bug ?

I lose my connexion in areas that are quite well covered by my provider, at times when the network is not overloaded.
Please fix this since without network, Waze looses quite a bit of its interest.
Guill007
Send a message

Post by gwid
ETA Time calculations seem to be considerably off. I drive about 75 miles each way to/from work. Today on the way in, it was off by about 45 minutes (ETA versus actual time to drive)--I thought there was a wreck or something, but nothing to speak of. For my return, it is showing double the time--usually shows about 1:10, but now showing over 2 hours--with nothing notable on the route.
gwid
Send a message

Post by halfvolstruis
Our single major traffic hazard / delay in South Africa is broken traffic lights (we call them robots here). These cannot be reported, except as a non-specific hazard. This morning I drove through 3 of them - the first two were a simple hazard, and the third was set up to be a traffic jam. The people who manufacture them make them for the average weather conditions - not raining, not hot, not cold. If there is dew or something unusual like that, they break, and stay broken for about 6 hours at a time.

It would be great to be able to report this.

We very seldom have weather related traffic problem (wet is as bad as it gets here), or traffic problems caused by roadkill (it just gets laminated). Something we do have that is very common is areas in which traffic regulations are violated - sometimes dangerously by the lawless class. Being able to let off steam about it without typing in traffic would be nice. (Another "hazard" we have sometimes is traffic being directed by a pointsman.)

It would be great to have a hazard list that is more appropriate to the country.

Perhaps the list can simply be extended, and displayed in a least-recently-used fashion?
halfvolstruis
Send a message

Post by humusman
Voice Navigation intructions does not work on Google Nexus 4 phone with Android 4.3 and Kernel 3.4.0-perf

Small 0.5 second snippets of voice are sounded, but not the complete instruction.

This problem occurs both in Hebrew and English.
humusman
Send a message