These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:It sounds like you have "Play sound through phone speaker" enabled in the Sound menu.
Maybe, but I would think that because iOS is in control here, that "Speaker" is equivalent to headphones. When you plug in headphones, the iOS interface changes to "headphones" instead of "iphone." iOS should be routing audio to the headphones from the speaker without telling Waze about it. Maybe Waze can still control this, but I was thinking perhaps not. We do know that there are separate volume settings for speaker vs. headphone, so once headphones are plugged in, make sure that you use the hardware volume buttons to adjust Waze's output volume when a sound is playing. (you can activate voice command mode and adjust the volume while it is waiting for a command, too.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
alyandon wrote:Please restore the ability to properly quit the application.
Good grief, no. Can you please read before posting? There's a whole damn thread about this explaining the situation: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56147
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
alyandon wrote:I'll point out that your admonishment comes off a bit on the rude side and despite your assumption I did take some time to read through the forums.
Yes, it was rude. And I feel your question was arrogant, that your time is more valuable than other's time who had already answered the question clearly weeks ago, and who had repeatedly typed the same thing over and over again as each person asks it because they can't be bothered to read even the original post. You clearly hadn't bothered to read the forum announcements or sticky threads, which should be scanned first. The thread title clearly matches exactly what you are asking, and in fact, the answer to "why" is in the first post. No need to scan through 17 pages.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by alyandon
Please restore the ability to properly quit the application. The current version of the iPhone app is simply too unreliable to not have a proper quit function.

The UI gets wedged into an inconsistent state where pop-ups that can't be dismissed obscure the screen, the background darkens and becomes impossible to scroll the map, access elements of the menu, etc. Since I can no longer quit the application that broken UI state is serialized when the application is put to sleep and there is no way to recover short of restarting my iPhone.

Just today, it got wedged with the connecting to network pop-up despite my phone having full network connectivity (email, web browsing, etc all working). Once again, the only way to regain control over the application was to reboot my phone.

Even if you address these UI problems with the upcoming update there is no way you can guarantee you haven't missed a corner case that will end up causing similar problems. Please add a way to completely exit the Waze application back in iOS.
alyandon
Send a message

Post by alyandon
@sketch, @driving79

Thanks for the help! I'll definitely use that as a work-around until a new version that hopefully has less problems with the UI is out.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
alyandon wrote:Please restore the ability to properly quit the application.
Good grief, no. Can you please read before posting? There's a whole damn thread about this explaining the situation: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56147
I'll point out that your admonishment comes off a bit on the rude side and despite your assumption I did take some time to read through the forums. Regardless, you should know that I am not going to suffer through reading every single post in this (currently) 17 page thread (or any other multi-page thread) on these forums to make sure someone else hasn't discussed my issue and my recommendation. This is a thread for providing feedback on the application and as a long time user of Waze I've had enough of the buggy UI on iOS so I provided exactly that.

If you truly are so passionate about making sure that people don't bring up issues that are discussed elsewhere you should probably lobby to have this information added to the FAQ.
alyandon
Send a message

Post by dalanz
I used the Waze Application last week for a 100km trip, and I am really proud of it. It worked well and the indications were right.

I would like to change the radar notification. Instead of listening to the worning voice, I would like an alarm. Could it be possible?

Regards,

Dalanz
dalanz
Send a message

Post by DebbieKat
Often when I first select to navigate to a location and have chosen a route, the app will tell me I'm only a few feet from my destination, even though this is not true. Usually, once I start driving it corrects itself, but often forgets my chosen route and I have to select routes again and pick the one I want again.
DebbieKat
Send a message
iPhone 6 iOS8
Woodinville, WA, USA
2008 Smart Car

Post by DebbieKat
Thought I posted this the other day but can't seem to find it.

This happens to me very often. I will select to navigate somewhere and pick a specific route. It initially says my destination is only a few feet away, which it is not. I will start driving and waze shortly after rediscovers my destination but I may have to reselect the chosen route. Anyone else getting this behavior?
DebbieKat
Send a message
iPhone 6 iOS8
Woodinville, WA, USA
2008 Smart Car

Post by DebbieKat
I have updated my OS recently, but I've been seeing this behavior even since prior to the latest OS upgrade.
DebbieKat
Send a message
iPhone 6 iOS8
Woodinville, WA, USA
2008 Smart Car

Post by DebbieKat
I wanted to post an update on the issue I reported (is anyone from Waze checking this board?)...

The issue regarding Waze telling me that I was already at my destination when I was still at my origination point, seems to happen almost daily when I select to Navigate to Work. Also, Waze used to pop up as soon as I started it in the morning, asking me if I was going to Work. It no longer does that.
DebbieKat
Send a message
iPhone 6 iOS8
Woodinville, WA, USA
2008 Smart Car