These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jo99jo
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:If you have iOS, use the "prefer bluetooth" option. If you're on android and the headset is paired and active, it should work, but I am not an Android expert.
I have Android.

Waze seems kind of flakey. The last update was 3 months ago!
jo99jo
Send a message
Last edited by AlanOfTheBerg on Fri May 10, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote

Post by johnt519
We've seen this to with the latest update (for iOS anyway). Toggling that "mute" button has no affect. Voice navigation/turn by turn and warnings are gone.
johnt519
Send a message

Post by luap605
Thanks for the tip re: the "mute" button on the main menu.

This is not very easy to see as it is actually in the "Menu" bar across the top (upper left hand corner, looks like a speaker). It looks like it is just part of the header and I was looking for it with other items in the Menu. I didn't think it was a button to push. Might recommend they actually put this in the Menu.

There are three settings if you click on it: "Sounds Off", "Alerts Only" and "Sounds On." It easy to accidentally tap this without knowing it resulting in a change you didn't intend to make.

Mine had changed to "alerts only" which was very confusing to me until I found the tip below. Many thanks for the tip.
luap605
Send a message

Post by macmacbr
as jo99jo said: IS THAT A BUTTON ?
I've gone nuts trying to understand why waze would only produce alerts on my phone, and not the routes.

Really. is that a button ???. Waze, please add a setting under sounds with the current status of that button and a way to switch there too. I'd think about 7.1 billion pp would look there first.

By the way. It's really hard not to touch that button by accident when phone is on dashboard.

I needed this thread (after a week of mute routes) to find it. Thanks a lot.

Screenshot_2013-09-13-15-29-09_resized.png
menu with the sound "button"
(34.24 KiB) Downloaded 3400 times
macmacbr
Send a message

Post by Superfraggle
It was a highly requested feature to have c easy and quick access to the various mute functions. So I think it's fine where it is. It should pop up with a dialog showing you pressed it so not sure how people miss that.

But I totally agree it should be in the sounds options too

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Superfraggle
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///AvrXT[/img][img]https:///p9mgM[/img]