Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by ncc1701v
kentsmith9 wrote:That makes me realize that anyone can delete a single segment with house numbers and when someone tries to add the road segment back, the house numbers are gone? This could be a very big problem for vandalism beyond just losing the street segment itself which is frankly pretty easy to replace.

This would be solved it the house numbers were somehow attached to a location and street name in the database and if a segment gets added to the map with that same name, then the house number automatically gets reattached to that segment to the closest location on that road. It would not be 100%, but would save probably 95% of the work after a major error.
Yes and let the "stop point" be smart, having its own GPS location independent of the associated house number point.
ncc1701v
Send a message
... and the "v" is for Volvo.

Post by thefatveganchef
Alan, one thing that you need to add in the flow for forced. If you need to add a house number outside of the allowed area, you need to save the number first in the allowed area then go back and move the markers to where the house/street is. If you don't do this it will throw out the modified/deleted error and make you start over. My house and my dad's house is 1/10 - 2/10 away from the main road, and just added the numbers to the houses and the above flow was the only way to get the numbers to save and stick.
thefatveganchef
Send a message
Last edited by thefatveganchef on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added " in the allowed area"

Post by txemt
Am I to understand that the house numbers node needs to be placed where the driveway and the street meet up?
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.