[Script] UROverview Plus v3.102 (20170316)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.24 (20141002)

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:15 am

beersh wrote:Since the new version when place is selected and you try to move the map a little dragging move the map to different area dozens of miles away.

Yet another seemingly innocent little tweak in the way the native objects are handled by WME, causing yet another script error...

In this latest version of WME, the extra UI elements (e.g. drag points for adjusting the place outline) shown when you select a place are now added into the W.map.landmarkLayer.features[] array as additional objects - in previous versions of WME, and in this version if no place is currently selected, the array contained ONLY the place objects themselves, and so each entry in the array could be safely be tested for those properties we know are common to all place objects. Now that WME is spewing UI objects into that array as well, attempting to access place properties from a UI object leads to a script error, which in turn leads to the accelerated scrolling bug.

Thanks for the report, this has now been fixed in the development code and should be released "soon"...
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby beersh » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:16 am

Since the new version when place is selected and you try to move the map a little dragging move the map to different area dozens of miles away.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
beersh
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:51 pm

3.24 fixes various compatibility issues with the latest WME release, adds basic popups for place update markers (further enhancements to follow), adds private place filtering, and inhibits all popups whilst dragging stuff around.

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.23 (20140927)

Postby PesachZ » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:30 pm

[BUG REPORT]

Please change the link you use (in the pop-up) to open a UR in a new tab/window. The format you are using no longer opens the UR. See complaint in WME thread

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby nzahn1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:55 pm

A request to the highest of high, the script writers of URO+:

Filtering Places by recent edit. I'd like to be able to track down recent edits to places by "trusted" editors in my area.

Maybe also be able to filter places by those with/without photos, so I could keep an eye out for bad photos.
nzahn1
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby bz2012 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:16 pm

I notice a small problem with URO plus that should be easy to fix:

I was in the process of dragging the 'street view' icon to a spot I wanted to view from and URO plus pop'd up info windows that got in the way as the cursor got over a restricted segment.

Could you block pop-ups when the mouse button is down, so that things don't pop up while one is in the process of dragging?

Caution: one still needs to be able to click WITHIN an already pop'd up info window to select items in there for various reasons (like to copy the info or select a link).
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby voludu2 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:37 pm

URO+ is SO helpful. It is the only reasonable way to get Area Manager information from the map -- currently the toolbox is not doing it.

The Waze team, honestly, should be looking at this code and asking for license to use it to improve WME. After all, the editors are the geese that lay the golden eggs.

Perhaps all Waze team members should be required to begin as level 1 editors and advance, through the normal means, to level 3 while performing tasks ranging from house numbering to identifying "stale URs", and be required to gain their level 3 only by approval from appropriate regional Champs rather than from waze support.

I think they would soon realize how essential the features of URO+ and several other extensions are to Waze' continued existence.

There is nothing wrong with interested members of the community figuring out improvements to the interface. That's another form of crowd-sourcing, I suppose.

It seems a bit odd that the waze team does not look a bit more closely at how they can better support the community members on whom they rely most heavily. Especially those like yourself who are willing to actually develop the tools that editing community value so highly.
voludu2
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:05 am

I'm almost tempted not to bother trying to fix the green fog of despair (especially since my initial look into it suggested it wasn't going to be quite as simple as it could have been), because given how well this change has been received, it's one of those things Waze really should be forced into fixing themselves rather than relying on the goodwill of the editing community to sort out on their behalf.
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby elljay23 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:37 am

Twister-UK wrote:The current development version can now filter Places again, with support added for private places. Popups for place update markers is in progress. Also seeing if I can do something about that bloody awful green managed area highlight...

Thanks. More than a few people have asked for the green to go over in the "Officical Feedback Thread". :mrgreen:
elljay23

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:09 pm

The current development version can now filter Places again, with support added for private places. Popups for place update markers is in progress. Also seeing if I can do something about that bloody awful green managed area highlight...
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts