Waze on Blackberry Z10

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Waze on Blackberry Z10

Postby blackout626 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi,

I use Waze on my Z10 and it's actually running quite well. My question is whether there is any consideration at all being put towards developing a native version on BlackBerry 10. Perhaps with Cascades or something? Thanks!
blackout626

Postby brkdncr » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:00 am

Waze does not work when screen locked. For instance, I use blue tooth. After setting my destination and starting the route I put my phone in its holster, screen locking the device. Waze does not provide voice navigation from this point.

The native blackberry Maps app does provide voice navigation when screen locked, and also attenuates all other apps that may be playing sounds such as the Music app.
brkdncr

Postby Taurec » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:23 am

Hi,

I'm using Waze 3.6 on my Z10 since yesterday.
I drove 130KM, reported one Traffic Jam and two Red-Light Cameras. But I still don't get any points.
Is this a know bug too?

Has anyone tried to install the Android 3.7 Version (using APK to BAR Converter)?

Regards

Lars
Taurec

Postby Yihaaaaaa » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi,

Is there any way to install Waze on my Torch (9860) please ?

On the wiki, it is written that we can but I dont find any way to download it :-/

Thank you
Yihaaaaaa

Postby Donkeyfumbler » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:53 am

Firstly, thank you for releasing a BB10 version of Waze. It's much appreciated, as I've just swapped from Android to BB as a work phone and wouldn't know what to do without it - Waze is easily my most used app after email.

I've not experienced many problems with it and am quite happy with the way it works, apart from the fact that, because it is based on the Android 1.36 version, it has the very annoying bug where it automatically zooms the map when you are stationary for more than a few seconds.

Can you let us know what future plans are for Waze on BB10? I'd really love an update so that it uses the most recent Android version.
Donkeyfumbler

Postby Grcgs » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:02 pm

On STL100-3 Waze isn't even giving me an arrow/car anymore. GPS is clearly working as I can use other maps without issues. Used to work great until about two weeks ago. Tried to uninstall, remove battery, reinstall - still doesn't work. I have connectivity as i see Wazers around but my map is just stuck in one place... It's really frustrating.
Grcgs

Postby belidzs » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:33 am

I can confirm the ETA bug and an issue with voice prompts on my STL-100-1, running OS 10.1.0.4181.

Voice prompts are working through loudspeaker, but it is mute if the phone is connected to a bluetooth speakerphone.

The startup screen shows the logo a little streched vertically.

Sometimes waze asks to send bug report even if there was no error in the previous session.

Apart from these, I must tell this version works surprisingly well. Thanks for porting!
belidzs

Postby Flhoest » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:59 am

HI There,

Just a quick note : I'm also using Waze for BB Z10 in Belgium and I really love it. I just expect that the two major issue for me will be resolved soon : ETA in GMT and the score board page. For the rest I really cannot complain this is stunning ! ;)

Cheers,

Fred.
Frederic Lhoest - Cerfontaine, Belgium
XPeria Z3 Compact
Road King !

Flhoest

Postby Namelost123 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:02 pm

I have STL-100-1, running OS 10.1.0.4181

After first use I was excited, but than there were a lot of troubles:
1. It sometimes freezes...
2. Screen is blinking in the menu and it is not possible to do anything. (now it is blinking every time, when it is VERTICAL)
3. Sometimes I got current position in really wrong place - another continent.
4. I cannot send bug report which waze asks to send...
Namelost123

Postby realnoise » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:09 am

That´s are good news! Since today i had made an upgrade to BOS 10.2 Waze works on an Z10 STL100-2.

Frank :D
ImageImagezwischen Brandenburg an der Havel, Potsdam, Oranienburg und Kyritz

--HOLZHACKEN ist deswegen so beliebt, weil man bei dieser Tätigkeit den Erfolg sofort sieht-- (Albert Einstein) ---
realnoise
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App