Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Missing drive data

Post by rdeavila
Hi,

I don't know if this is the correct forum area to report this, but that's my problem:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/114881/Captura_de_tela.png

Always in the same area, the drive data is missing. In the start and end of my drive I always have cellular data coverage, but in this area I don't.

Waze don't record data to upload some time after?
rdeavila

POSTER_ID:10591135

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I'm not finding the caching of drive data, hazard reports, nor map issues in the current features requests list. I will add them. Waze knows about them, but didn't transfer them from our spreadsheet.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
paulkok_my wrote:Is the feature submission for IOS only or for Android also as I have also faced the annoying part when I can't submit any reports when I hit a no network area.
Definitely both.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mkm72 wrote:Come on Waze, this needs to be sorted out. It's not that difficult to add. The programmers should be able to add this very very easily. 2 extra cups of coffee should sort this :-)
Why don't you post the code changes necessary?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Danie2
Yes caching of drive data is really needed. Not sure how we will map new areas either otherwise where there is no coverage. I'll see if I can find that request and vote for it.
Danie2
Send a message

Post by ijburger
I've noticed on Saturday that my long drives are not showing up. I drove 145.5 miles on Friday and the same distance yesterday. I have network connection about 80% of the drive way. They are not in my tab Drives, but my short drives are and are up to date. Any clue about what's going on?

iPhone 5 IOS 6.1.4 waze 3.7.0.0 INTL server
ijburger
Send a message

Post by mkm72
Come on Waze, this needs to be sorted out. It's not that difficult to add. The programmers should be able to add this very very easily. 2 extra cups of coffee should sort this :-)
mkm72
Send a message

Post by MrFoosh
You need to have data coverage in order for the app to register your driving data. It doesn't have an offline feature to record your drive to update later, unfortunately. :x
MrFoosh
Send a message

Post by PalmettoC
Which something they need to add. I just took a 300 mile trip through the mountains, and I probably lost over 100 miles because of no signal in those areas. The funny thing is it will show you driving along the route pretty accurately even when it is offline.
PalmettoC
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I'm not finding the caching of drive data, hazard reports, nor map issues in the current features requests list. I will add them. Waze knows about them, but didn't transfer them from our spreadsheet.
Is the feature submission for IOS only or for Android also as I have also faced the annoying part when I can't submit any reports when I hit a no network area.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message