These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iOS 3.7.3 official feedback thread (replacement thread)

Post by jasonh300
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the previous iOS 3.7.3 feedback thread has been lost, and may or may not be able to be recovered.

For the time being, this is the new official feedback thread, and if we can get the other one back, we'll just merge it all back together like nothing happened!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:3598102

Send a message

Post by edsonajj
unlimitedsounds wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:I just Found out SCOUT now has crowd soured traffic similar to WAZE ....
It's an ok app, but only if you're in the US. Very limited usefulness.
I used to use TELENAV on my old android phone a few years ago and really liked it.. This SCOUT app so far has been spot on with finding things (even by voice) and also the directions, traffic, and ETA. More so then the latest version of WAZE. If WAZE would FIX the issues, maybe it would be back to being as good as it was. Now that I read GOOGLE bought WAZE, who knows what is going to happen....I especially do not like the ADS that Waze POPS UP…
The search results that you get depend on the search provider which is used and I can tell you that it has improved quite a lot recently. From what I can see the issues you have mentioned are either already known and being worked on or you just don't like the routing which is not an app problem.
unlimited sounds wrote:I cannot comment on SCOUT on anywhere else but the US.
I can, it doesn't even exist on the México App Store.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by edsonajj
unlimitedsounds wrote:
edsonajj wrote:
unlimited sounds wrote:I cannot comment on SCOUT on anywhere else but the US.
I can, it doesn't even exist on the México App Store.
Then you cannot comment because you didn't use to compare.. I guess it's only for usa
That is exactly what I meant, by being US only it is utterly useless in other countries.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by edsonajj
dalanz wrote:I would like to change the radar notification. Instead of listening to the worning voice, I would like an alarm. Could it be possible?
Currently, no. The notifications are all the same, just with different voices or translated to other languages…
Maybe you could mess around with the app files but that would be at your own risk.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by edsonajj
driving79 wrote:I'm not sure what is going on, but I can tell you I'm sick of it. I've noticed for a month or so now...maybe more that waze is not reporting the speeds of the highways accurately. It is not good when google maps is more accurate. :cry:

Here are some examples, and there are tons of people with waze on driving on the same roads (and reports of traffic which it's not warning you about anymore)....they are also from rush hour. It tells me everything is wonderful, then I end up in standstill traffic and my 35 min drive turns to 1.5!

It used to be so accurate, now it never is. If this has already been reported, please show me where in the forums so I can monitor this, thanks.

(I have a 5S, but this also happened with my 4S...my software is up to date now with 7.0.2, but it happened with the prior versions too)
If I'm understanding the screenshots correctly, the second one is routing you away form traffic even though it is not "shown" by a colour change in the segments that simply go forward. If the current speed is similar with the usual one in that street at that time then no colour indication is given because it doesn't constitute an event but rather the norm... However the speed is still taken into account when the routing calculation is made by the server.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by Elwoodblues61
jasonh300 wrote:
timarm59 wrote:The Auto function of the Day/Auto/Night mode isn't working correctly. 8am in the morning I still get Night mode. It's not til around 10am that it realises we've been up for 4 hours!!! How does the app knowwhen to switch modes? The time of day? (clearly not) The phone's light sensor? (I have tried placing the phone in a spot with the most available light). Any ideas? Bug?
Sounds like a bug, but it switches based on local sunrise and sunset (or it's supposed to). Where are you?
This has been a raised as a problem in New Zealand forum( GMT+12 Hours) with previous Andriod versions. I always just use 'DAY' mode.
I've only just installed 3.7.3 and it may be fixed for NZ - I set to 'AUTO' and it switch to 'NIGHT' - which it is at the moment. I'll check it over the next couple of days.

** oops - Just noticed this is the IOS forum - sorry **
Elwoodblues61
Send a message
HTC-oneX Android 4.1.1
Waze 3.7.8.0 on http://www.waze.com

Post by Fallguy25
2013-10-02 04.42.18.png
(88.86 KiB) Downloaded 896 times
Gas stations are not showing up properly in the list when sorting by distance when navigating. If I'm not in navigation mode, they show up fine. But when I plan a route and then look at the list, there is no rhyme or reason to the order they appear - it's not by distance or by price.

Also, "preferring" a gas station doesn't seem to have an effect.
Fallguy25
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
roybuck wrote:On Saturday, September 7, I attempted to update inaccurate prices at a gas station (which I have done before, BTW). When I tried to do this, I got a message saying, "UH OH! Sorry, but you are still a Baby Wazer and are not allowed to update gas prices just yet."
That happens from time-to-time and is a bug. It has happened to nearly everyone. We haven't figured out where the bug is yet, though.
I believe that this occurs if you have previously put Waze to sleep. I am having the same issue. If you close out Waze in iOS and relaunch, this issue does not occur.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by GLK427
Navigation is broken. Usual Home and Work routes are no longer remembered. App refuses to use the most direct route and will instead list the most indirect route with all kinds of ridiculous turns down obscure side streets. ETA is typically 30 minutes longer for these out of the way routes. Changing to fastest route or shortest distance makes no difference. When choosing other routes the most direct route is not even listed! Please fix ASAP! App is useless as a navigation tool right now!
GLK427
Send a message

Post by glomp
Had a search for this but couldn't find anything and I hope my search foo is not letting me down. :(

I found a problem where you are unable to access "Go to Settings" screen if you try to access it via the Social screen.

Settings > Social & Networks > Go to My Waze > Go to Settings

This happens on both a iPhone 4S/iOS7.0.2 and iPad2/iOS7.02
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message