These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by kentsmith9
sketch wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote: YES but WHEN will there be a fix???????????????? I dont believe they even acknowledged that they are working on a fix... ANYONE??
Sorry, I edited my post, read above....

I imagine they're busy with an update, but I don't know. That's just my guess as to why we haven't been hearing a whole lot from the staff. Regardless, it's a known issue, and as with every known issue, it will be fixed as soon as time allows, according to its priority relative to other known issues.
I too hate this problem. I searched Bugzilla and could not find anything on the released product side. I don't know if it is in Centercode side, but I created an entry in the released Bugzilla for this problem if anyone with voting capability wants to add their voice.
https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=5771

If it is a dupe they will close it, but we will have more visibility to it.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
DebbieKat wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: I had this issue for a few days, then it started prompting again recently.
It's been way more than a few days for me. It's been several months.
I get it popping up consistently for work in the morning, home at night, and many times at lunch to one of my common restaurants. Only a few days over the last few months did not seem to work as expected, but I am not sure my actual time was consistent for some of those days.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kjstech
Since the introduction to the sleep mode, Waze has been problematic. I wish there was an icon to quit instead of having to force quit it every time.

If its not force quit, Waze likely take over the audio. Consider this situation...
1. You arrive at destination and sleep waze.
2. At your destination you unlock your phone for whatever reason... Waze wakes up!!!! So you sleep it again and "app switch" to the springboard to do other things.
3. When your ready to go home, you get in the car, plug in audio cable and fire up audio program (music, sirius, pandora, slacker, etc...).
4. You get the music going then fire up Waze and as soon as its open the audio fades out. Slide up from the bottom to bring up the IOS 7 control center and the music fades back in. Tap out to Waze and the audio fades away.

The only fix is to force quit Waze and then relaunch it. Not necessarily user friendly fumbling with apps when your starting to drive out of your parking lot and onto the road.
kjstech
Send a message
PA, USA - iPhone XS Max - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer

Post by kjstech
Thanks sketch, that makes sense. Isn't the first time the corporate direction of a company (Apple in this case) forces the end user to retrain their old habits. They say it takes 21 days to break or make a habit.

Yeah the audio problem is the main reason why i'd rather "close" waze than sleep it. I experienced it again today. Stopped at Wawa, not sure where your from but it's a convienience store / gas station chain around these parts. Pulled the audio and power cable from phone and sleep it. Go in, grab what I want, come back out to the car, plug in, start my audio, task switch to Waze and the audio quits. Only way to get audio to play is to swipe up and keep the new IOS7 control center up... or force quit Waze and re-open and then say resume when it asks about your previous navigation canceled.

I hope that this will be fixed in a future update. It's really why the sleep function is problematic, at least for me. I can try to retrain myself to press home before pressing power... not an issue... but the real issue is the one you also perfectly identified. Hopefully Waze developers are taking these forums into consideration and using the constructive feedback to help better the product.
kjstech
Send a message
PA, USA - iPhone XS Max - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer

Post by Machete808
Sorry if I've missed an earlier discussion on this. I did look, but could not find.

Ever since I updated my iPhone operating system to 7.0.2, I noticed a lot of screwy problems with how GPS was being read, my position being shifted hither and yon before settling on the correct route -- for a time. Also terrible lag time with alerts and updating the route position (long periods of being frozen in place) as you go along.

Anyway, it was awful last night, but this a.m. seemed MUCH more stable. I assume this was a known issue that (she said, hopefully) is now fixed. Correct?
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by Machete808
I had something similar recently, Waze announcing "arriving at..." Also, I've been getting some odd lags in prompts being delivered. Sometimes when Waze seems unable to place me accurately via GPS, I quit the app, reboot the iPhone and start again, and more normal behavior resumes.

DebbieKat, did you recently update your iPhone operating system software? I'm convinced there's something screwy in the new version.
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by maviolet
HELP! I am not getting voice guidance for directions on my iPhone 4S running the latest iOS and Waze 3.7.3
I am getting voice traffic alerts, vehicle on shoulder, police ahead, etc.
I have already done the trouble shooting from your support pages without results. I use this for work and is very important for me to hear the instruction and not have to look at my phone while driving.
maviolet
Send a message

Post by milkyway35
JohnDoe75 wrote:We are a lot of french Wazers (using same cellular provider, Free Mobile) having problems with No Network. It happens at any time of day or week-ends.
One solution is to restart the app or briefly go in Plane Mode but it eventually go back to no network.
We can't figure out who to blame (because every other service like surf, mail, other apps work), but it's getting very annoying for ETA, alerts, credits ...
Any other providers or countries touched ?

Since there's no more beta thread, next version will provide a fix ?
This is a provider issue, not a issue related to the App.

Next version of Waze won't fix it, neither older version of waze which was working fine earlier.
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ

Waze Community Communications Guidelines
As ChiefWazer said :

Code: Select all

"We all work together for a common goal here, we all want Waze to succeed in helping peoples everyday life"

Post by mkihr
On iPhone 4s with iOS7 it always crashes when using bluetooth and music is playing.
mkihr
Send a message

Post by mwburn
Since we may not get the original thread back (plus I never got an answer), is there a voice command for sleep?
mwburn
Send a message
I'd be ranked higher if I drove more than 5 miles to work. :-(
But I only have to drive 5 miles to work. :-)

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png