No search engines/no results problems

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: No search engines - please give permanent solution

Postby CBenson » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:24 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Could you do another install (delete, reboot the phone <-important step, really it is, install from AppStore (not iTunes))?

Then, navigate to 2##2. This puts Waze in debug mode. Use normally, but when find the search engines have disappeared again, that's when you upload logs (settings->help->send logs). Note the exact date and time you send logs, and the time you first noticed the missing engines.

I'm assuming that anyone cluttering this thread without noting the exact date and time they sent the logs and the time they first noticed the missing engines is part of the conspiracy to make sure this doesn't get fixed.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.3.0.2
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:14 pm

CBenson wrote:I'm assuming that anyone cluttering this thread without noting the exact date and time they sent the logs and the time they first noticed the missing engines is part of the conspiracy to make sure this doesn't get fixed.

I guess this is humor? Can't quite tell... There is a need to fresh-install the app so that all the engines appear, and then when they disappear, that's when to upload logs and open a ticket.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mickeyjohnson » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:20 pm

I have this exact same problem on my Iphone5 where the list of search engines just disappears and no results can be found in any searches. I have now reinstalled Waze for a third time this week in order to use it. I went through the submitting logs stuff the first time this happened but got no response other than a useless automated reply pointing me toward the how-to introduction to the app.

I'll put it in debug mode and try sending logs again, but I hold out little hope that there is a permanent solution just around the corner. If anyone has a more useful or long-term fix to this bug please let me know!
mickeyjohnson

Postby againstthegrain » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:16 pm

I'm having the same problem on in So California with my iPhone 5, both before the iOS upgrade and after. This has happened on and off for at least the past two months, maybe longer. I've done all the suggestions mentioned here (including the debug mode and noting time and date of problem), but the search engines still go missing.

Yesterday I was in unfamiliar territory in Orange County & Los Angeles County (most of my driving is in San Diego County). A fresh reload of Waze worked perfectly for about half the day, then when I searched another time, no results because the search engines were gone again. After wasting time reinstalling the deleting and installing the Waze app twice more in the afternoon, I gave up and used Motion X Drive GPS for location searches and GPS navigation for the rest of my driving.

I'd much rather use Waze, not just for GPS navigation but also to understand why the So CA highway traffic suddenly slows or stops (police, construction, and/or hazards ahead, etc.), but ultimately, I need the GPS app that works all the time, not the GPS that loses a major function all the time.
againstthegrain

Postby a96pirate » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:15 pm

I am also having the same issue of the search engines disappearing. It was happening before and after the IOS7 Upgrade on my iPhone 4S. I have deleted and reinstalled the application 10+ times... works for a few days... then the Engines disappear. This issue did not start until last 2-3 months..
a96pirate

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:07 pm

a96pirate wrote:I am also having the same issue of the search engines disappearing...

Follow the instructions i posted previously on how to report this to Waze. Thanks.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby schirmyver » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:26 pm

I am also seeing this problem as well on an Android phone. I will follow the instructions as posted and report back. I did want to tell you about another issue that occurred at the same time in case they are related. The "Categories" button under Navigate was also blank and would not return any results. This makes sense as they would be search results, but still.

A fresh install following the procedure listed returned the search engines and the category results so I will wait for it to happen again and report back.

Thanks for the support...
schirmyver

Postby jbmartin22 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:07 am

I have been having the same issue on my 4S (not upgraded to ios 7 yet). Im going to follow these steps and keep my fingers crossed. So annoying
jbmartin22

Postby jacolouis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Same issue for me on my 4S before and after the iOS 7 upgrade. I have re-installed a couple of times now. If a lot us are getting this, there has to be some common problem!
jacolouis

Postby mazin-irena » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Same has been happining to me on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus. I'm forces to reinstall the application every couple days during last 5 weeks. I'm in Raanana, using Orange. The problem is persistent and reproducible. Search engines and other setting disappear. Maybe Waze can just take the phone with broken waze application from my home in Raanana and have one of your developers just download any required info from the phone?

So annoying ...
mazin-irena

PreviousNext

Return to Search