Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Jolly drivers

Postby fvwazing » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:24 pm

For those spots where sunglare can happen - it is a combination of weather (clear sky) and angle/position of the sun. Both can be known from sources or calculation, and if the conditions are right for a spot, an alarm could be triggered. But... given Waze's record of not getting the automatic day/night switching right I wouldn't try to depend on it :D .

Winter-conditions are another tale: they could be known from weather-sources, the day that it starts snowing Waze could learn from observation what happens to the traveltimes and next year, as soon as weather-sources say it will snow - Waze could adjust traveltimes/give extra timepenalties to those streets that apparently are not cleared from snow etc. Also a nice idea but it will only add to the precision of routing on 5 or 10 days per year in those areas where snowfall is a problem. Count in some extra time for the Israelis to debug this!

To sum it all up: these are very much niche-wishes that do not influence commuting by 99% of the population. Do not expect the trouble of developing this to get justified anytime soon.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby petervdveen » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:46 pm

A connection with this database would be nice:

http://www.meteoalarm.eu/

And wheather reports should not be with a pushpin anyway. They should trigger regional warnings without pop-up, but just a small icon or something like that.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby HandofMadness » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:12 pm

Looks like someone let the baby be the navigator...

fjdhfhdhfhcjxjdjfjfjfjfjcjcjcjcjfjhzshdjzjdfff?#8#8""++"+"8#+38293?#939339383844748448848484477777000000000011119200000000009#9#+$747574748$#:-P:-D:-)B-):'(:-[:-!:-*:-Do_O:-(:-(=-O:-P:-\;-)o_O:O:O<3<3:-D

yiuyuhyiittrimityy
CM: Thailand CM: USA
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby txemt » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Problem: this location is wrong, the store and the address are a mile or so south and on the other side of the street. this address is in the Cypress Point shopping center. it's right next door to Chuck E. Cheese
Reported on: September 24

I love the detail, the directions as to what store is next to the location, but it's missing a key element. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby bgodette » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:23 pm

txemt wrote:

Problem: this location is wrong, the store and the address are a mile or so south and on the other side of the street. this address is in the Cypress Point shopping center. it's right next door to Chuck E. Cheese

I love the detail, the directions as to what store is next to the location, but it's missing a key element. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?
This is a constant problem due to users assuming the people who read their reports (which they assume are Waze employees) have full information of where they started, the search terms (if any), destination address (if any), and destination gps position. This is because no one ever reads the privacy policy/eula.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby txemt » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:25 pm

I moved to Miami and have different issues than what I had in San Antonio. In San Antonio, people wouldn't put any info in their complaints. Here in Florida, they put info in, but it's not specific enough. I've seen tons of "address is wrong" or "address is half a mile down the road" or something like that. And when I try to get more info from them, I hear crickets chirping as I await a reply.
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby HandofMadness » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:00 pm

General error (user reported)

Problem: everything is ok
Reported on: yesterday
CM: Thailand CM: USA
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby driving79 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:35 am

txemt wrote:

Actually, I know what they are talking about, but it's out of my area. They reported it in my area. I can send you a msg when I'm back on the computer.
Rank 6 Champ
Southeast Regional Coordinator (AL, FL, GA)
Southeast Wiki - https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Southeast
driving79
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby orbitc » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:26 pm

the real choice........
Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 6.24.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 6.24.16 PM.png (465.75 KiB) Viewed 598 times
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
• ßeta Tester
• iOS ßeta: Always the latest version
• WME ßeta

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby CTGreybeard » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:31 pm

Fuuny. Too bad they are such bad editors!

This belongs in Jolly Editors though. :P
Bill W

Home: Bethel, Connecticut

CTGreybeard

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor