Somerville, NJ: Pedestrian Walkway

Post by PleaseDriveFast
The town council of Somerville has unanimously approved the permanent closing of Division St between Main St. and South St. to vehicular traffic. This will be a pedestrian only walkway and plaza until a new resolution is proposed, which will not be for the next 5 years due to recent elections.

The wiki currently states non-drivable should not be have a junction with drivable roads.

The question I have for the community is should Division St. be updated to remove the junctions with Main Street and South Street or should the road be deleted entirely because of the short span? I'm thinking removing the junction points as the satellite map is out-dated and shows the road prior to the installation of the pedestrian plaza.

The highlighed portion in question can be viewed here.
PleaseDriveFast

POSTER_ID:16599649

Send a message

Post by orbitc
PleaseDriveFast wrote:The town council of Somerville has unanimously approved the permanent closing of Division St between Main St. and South St. to vehicular traffic. This will be a pedestrian only walkway and plaza until a new resolution is proposed, which will not be for the next 5 years due to recent elections.

The wiki currently states non-drivable should not be have a junction with drivable roads.

The question I have for the community is should Division St. be updated to remove the junctions with Main Street and South Street or should the road be deleted entirely because of the short span? I'm thinking removing the junction points as the satellite map is out-dated and shows the road prior to the installation of the pedestrian plaza.

The highlighed portion in question can be viewed here.
I'm going to leave that Pedestrian Walkway and lock it at L5. Otherwise, someone might think that there is road missing and attach it by mistake.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!