دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة

Anybody out there? UAE

Post by
Guys I can see you driving around now and then but no response on the forum.
Step up and help us make Waze work in UAE.

POSTER_ID:891164

Send a message

Post by bazgrant
I became the area manager for the Khalifa City A and Yas Island area in Abu Dhabi a few days ago, already fixed a ton of problems, finding limitations in the editor though which means I may have to go out and drive certain routes to check things
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by bazgrant
nbezuidenhout wrote:I've recently started using Waze and noticed that there is quite a lot of data in the maps which is useless/confusing. In the Al Quoz area every single junction was made up of three or more one-way streets. The intersections were even worse and looked like spaghetti. When driving using navigation I would be instructed to keep right whilst the turn should be a left turn and vice-versa.

As per the Waze map editor's wiki, data should be kept to a bare minimum, and even states that roads should not be split unless there are very specific reasons. I have made an attempt to correct some of the roads, but this seems to be a Dubai map wide issue.
This is exactly why we need more and more wazers in the UAE - just driving around with the app running, not necessarily navigating gives so much data to the servers. It takes somewhere between 20 and 100 good gps drives on any road for the system to make any adjustments or flag a problem, the more people using, the quicker problems get found and fixed :)

Now that you have driven the road you can edit it and fix it (please make sure to follow the editing guidelines in the wiki first) - a little bit from a lot of people makes a huge difference :)
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by bazgrant
nbezuidenhout wrote:Jip, I've read the guidelines and I suppose that is where some of my frustration with the maps come from - someone else didn't read it and just added what the area looks like instead of how the road works.
Unfortunately that will always be inherent in a publicly edited database. Just keep stabbing away at it and you will soon be addicted to wazing like the rest of us :) :lol:
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by bazgrant
Which area is that?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by bazgrant
That is rather annoying, why don't you PM the person that added the roads back in and ask them why :-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by bazgrant
Will be good to have another wazer around, check the editor wiki it has all the info you need :)

http://www.waze.com/wiki/?title=Map_Edi ... ew_Editor)
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by bazgrant
Hi,

You can request to become AM of any area. Just follow the procedure here: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... ea_Manager

:)
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by bazgrant
What area is it? Maybe you can talk with the editor who changed it and come up with an amicable solution?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by bazgrant
Welcome Lupo :-)

I haven't used the live map much but if you zoom right in on the UAE it does show a few things. I tend to only rely on the app really :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
bazgrant
Send a message

Post by cureme
Hi

I stay in Dubai , start using Wase from today.
Usually travelling between DXB , SHJ and other emirates occasionally
Sure I will help out as much as i can.
cureme
Send a message