Post by kentsmith9
Today after clearing the cache and restarting FF the Wiki appears to be good again. Waze is checking into why it happened.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I had to clear the cache and then restart FireFox in that order before it was good again on two of my systems.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I know there are some things being prepped, but I did not think it was happening yet.

Currently the Wiki is working fine for me.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I heard back earlier today the following:
We found and fixed an issue with the images in the forums.
Regarding the network issue - there was a problems with one of the forum servers which resulted with on and off connectivity. We found and fix the issue.

There still might be an issue with the images upload in the Wiki. We are checking if there is a problem at the moment.

Let me know if you still encounter any problems
I have no problem with:
http://www.waze.com/wiki/

However I cannot search for anything. I just get an empty search page with no results, except the option to do advanced search.

It looks like redirects on a page are finally working, but I cannot tell for sure since I cannot search for some of my redirects yet. :(

I will pass this back to the Waze web team.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
What is strange is in a different conversation they supposedly have not yet changed the code for proper Anchor operation, but the few tests I have done appear to be working. I won't know for sure until the search is fixed. Maybe whatever has search broken is part of the problem for Anchors.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
OK. Even with the broken search, I confirmed our Anchor redirect issue is still present (and broken).

In this first link:

http://www.waze.com/wiki/Red_road

"Red road" is a redirect page that should take you to this section:

http://www.waze.com/wiki/Creating_and_E ... ng_details

But when you enter "Red road" (when search is working properly) or when you use the Red_road link above, both take you only to the top of the page for "Creating and Editing street segments"

It should take you to the spot on the page shown with the second link above. Wikipedia does this properly using the same #REDIRECT feature, so I know our Wiki can do it too. We just need to identify the proper module we are missing.

I am still working with Jackson and the web team on this.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
shawndoc wrote:Fixed the FAQ link on the landing page so it works (by making it a URL link). I'm guessing the problem is do to redirects not working? If so, it can be reverted back once they start working again. But I refer a lot of people to the FAQ, so its important that the FAQ link on the landing page works.
This one is strange. The FAQ page seems to be the only page that is failing and all the other pages are set up the same way. I will pass this to Jackson as well.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
shawndoc wrote:Fixed the FAQ link on the landing page so it works (by making it a URL link). I'm guessing the problem is do to redirects not working? If so, it can be reverted back once they start working again. But I refer a lot of people to the FAQ, so its important that the FAQ link on the landing page works.
Actually its not that you made it a URL link, it seems to be that you forced it to do an index lookup. The page you get with http://www.waze.com/wiki/FAQ appears to be a default link for the standard Wiki FAQ page. I believe we could fix it by moving the page to "Frequently Asked Questions" and redirect FAQ, but we should not have to since it previously worked. I think the Waze team can resolve this one in a few days.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:If you search from the sidebar, and then search again from the page that comes up - search works...
Yeah, kinda. But from the sidebar, searching automatically uses the Go button, so searching for redirected terms like "conversations" should redirect immediately to the Update Requests page. This is totally broken. And all that sidebar does, regardless of which button you click, is take you to an empty search page, so you have to type it in again. This time, there's no auto-redirect because it is only a Search box.
For those who do not follow this temp usage solution, here is a picture of the first (left) search box which will only result in the second (right) search box. If you enter your word or phrase into the second search box you will get a list of results. The first result will be a link to the matching page that you would have gotten if the search was working properly. At that point just select that page result and you have what you need. Not a simple work around for the typical user, but will get you to the page if you don't have the direct link already.
Search.png
(33.95 KiB) Downloaded 2786 times
The Waze team is trying to get this solved, but may take until next week now that their weekend has started.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:The Waze team is trying to get this solved, but may take until next week now that their weekend has started.
WTH did they do to it to cause all these problems?
I have not heard details, but I do know there are upcoming changes to the web interface. I presume they are making changes on the back end to prepare for a transition, but did not recognize the impact to current pages/sections. :o
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message