Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by kentsmith9
OyyoDams wrote:Ok just released v1.1.1.3 which should fix this flashing bug.

kentsmith9 can you test and tell me if you still encouter it ?
The OP still points to 1.0.1. I tried it anyway, but both problems still appear. I also am confirming I see on the toolbox itself the v. 1.1.1.3, so the answer is still no change on both.

Let me know what tests you want me to try for isolation of the issue.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
OyyoDams wrote:I just noticed you said you have FF 17.0.1. Why don't you upgrade to the latest version ?
What is flashing exactly: segments or nodes (or both) ?
LOL. Right. I was thinking the same thing. I had noticed FF kept trying to upgrade and failed with some error. I finally got serious and took it head on. I DL'd the full app to the desktop and it failed. Instructions said to uninstall the original version and try again. So I did. It still would not install and then I didn't have FF to search for more ideas. :twisted:

Used IE ( :cry: ), saw a couple of options and finally tried to boot into safe mode. Finally! For some reason my system would halt the install program until I was in safe mode, then there was no problem. So now I am on FF 21!

Unfortunately the flashing is continuing. Nothing appears different. Every part of the locked segment is flashing with a dashed red line.
FlashingLocked.jpg
(492.81 KiB) Downloaded 1889 times
I did noticed when I switch to a different tab and come back, the flashing stops. That was the first time I was able to catch the dotted lines in an image on the road you see here. These red dashes flash on and off repeatedly.

Now when I leave and come back to that tab, there is no flashing but it is hit or miss if I see any of the dashed lines or not. Once the dashed lines are appearing, they work fine. I can turn them on or off until I refresh or Permalink the page.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Using 1.1.2.3 on FireFox 21

1. The Toolbox tab no longer shows the X on the page.

2. The shortcut 1 appears to operate, but it would be good to have those shortcuts listed somewhere in the toolbox tab so we don't have to come to the forum to remember them.

3. My little "Toolbox" gray box on the map screen can be moved around the screen (cool!), but none of the links from the last version I used appear any more. Sometime last night I noticed the "Straighten road geometry" link was missing. I only saw a few vertical bars where many of the shortcuts used to appear, and now I see nothing after the Toolbox name.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
gohamstergo wrote:Can you enable the highlighting of nodes on all streets? I thought this was supposed to happen, but I'm still only seeing highlighting on primary streets and above.
My rank is properly loaded as I can see it when the page loads.
Are you zoomed out beyond the 500 ft scale?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
On Firefox 21, currently after some timeout period (~30 seconds) I see:

Code: Select all

Erreur de chargement du fichier : undefined (error - [Exception... "Failure"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: https://www.waze.com/editor/javascripts/libs-c9b96ee9.js :: .send :: line 6"  data: no])
I disabled all other Waze related scripts with no change. I assume this is the server error you mentioned earlier. I will wait until later to try again.
OyyoDams wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:The shortcut 1 appears to operate, but it would be good to have those shortcuts listed somewhere in the toolbox tab so we don't have to come to the forum to remember them.
It's in my todo list to make a better toolbox tab. However all shortcuts are displayed by tooltips when you move the mouse over the buttons of the shortcuts bar.
Exactly. I am currently not seeing the entire shortcuts bar. I thought that was maybe an intentional change, but I guess not. ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I am still getting this error as previously mentioned even when it is the only script.

Code: Select all

Erreur de chargement du fichier : undefined (error - [Exception... "Failure"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: https://www.waze.com/editor/javascripts/libs-c9b96ee9.js :: .send :: line 6"  data: no])
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
OyyoDams wrote:It happens from time to time when it can't load the script. Just refresh.
I get it 100% of the time. It takes about 20 seconds to timeout before I get this message. Happens every time.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Mike-1323 wrote:
OyyoDams wrote:
Mike-1323 wrote:The floating toolbar not showing in FF21.

Well, the toolbox text is there, and I can drag it around. But there are no actual buttons.
Fixed.
Nope. Still no buttons after reloading, clearing cache, or restarting browser.
I previously had a similar problem with that same FF version, but all is currently working great right now.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
ncc1701v wrote:
CBenson wrote:I've certain heard others say that routing can be problematic where waze is choosing routes and two segments connect the same two nodes. In the examples cited in the wiki, the two segments are not connected to other segments at both nodes thus making routing through the loop a problem.
I started "fixing" these but I'm going to stop until I see an actual problem. I suspect those problems you heard of could just as easily have been caused by self-connections, which are common.
I had not heard this as well. I wondered why the script was highlighting all those roads as yellow. :lol:

I started a Same Connections thread in the Wiki Forum to ensure we know this is still an issue and then document it.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message