[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby kentsmith9 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:06 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:
OyyoDams wrote:
Mike-1323 wrote:The floating toolbar not showing in FF21.

Well, the toolbox text is there, and I can drag it around. But there are no actual buttons.

Fixed.

Nope. Still no buttons after reloading, clearing cache, or restarting browser.

I previously had a similar problem with that same FF version, but all is currently working great right now.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:48 am

No issues with FireFox 21 from the US.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:17 pm

ncc1701v wrote:
CBenson wrote:I've certain heard others say that routing can be problematic where waze is choosing routes and two segments connect the same two nodes. In the examples cited in the wiki, the two segments are not connected to other segments at both nodes thus making routing through the loop a problem.

I started "fixing" these but I'm going to stop until I see an actual problem. I suspect those problems you heard of could just as easily have been caused by self-connections, which are common.

I had not heard this as well. I wondered why the script was highlighting all those roads as yellow. :lol:

I started a Same Connections thread in the Wiki Forum to ensure we know this is still an issue and then document it.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Do any of the current scripts have an automatic fix for this and I did not realize what it was talking about so never new it was there?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:21 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:I started a Same Connections thread in the Wiki Forum to ensure we know this is still an issue and then document it.

For those interested, in the Wiki thread above, I posted results from some tests in Live Map and so far I have only found routing problems that are unrelated to the Same Connection issue.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:13 pm

Just noticed this morning, with FF23 I am getting an error "WME Toolbox - Loader Update Needed". It gives me a link to download the latest version and I do that. It says it installs 1.0.7. I have restarted Firefox, but the error continues to come up. Did I miss something earlier in this thread? I actually see the toolbox menu, but I cannot do anything with the editor as the error message has control. I can only disable the script or go to the link to download the latest version again (which does not change the problem).
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:15 pm

LOL. And when I hit return I found my problem. I had two Toolbox script versions running. I disabled the one that does not include "[loader]" in the Greasemonkey list and all seems to be good now.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:21 pm

And now a new problem. With this new script version running, I cannot select any streets. When I do a permalink, I can hover the mouse over a segment and see it highlighted like I could select it, but once the Toolbox script loads and shows me the toolbar the segment is no longer highlighted with the mouse and no segments or junctions can be selected.

Have not tried disabling all other scripts, but can later tonight.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:15 pm

OyyoDams wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:And now a new problem. With this new script version running, I cannot select any streets. When I do a permalink, I can hover the mouse over a segment and see it highlighted like I could select it, but once the Toolbox script loads and shows me the toolbar the segment is no longer highlighted with the mouse and no segments or junctions can be selected.

Have not tried disabling all other scripts, but can later tonight.

I don't see this problem, in Chrome and Firefox.

I found it is connected to JNF, but of course when I disable JNF the toolbox will no longer work. Didn't have much time last night to play with it, so will need to try again tonight.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:33 am

bz2012 wrote:Maybe the WME toolbox should display a big red message somewhere near the cursor (when the turn arrows are transparent) that says 'If you can't click on the turn arrows, press the letter "a"'

I did create Transparent as a redirect to the Keyboard Shortcuts page for "a"
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts