Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by kentsmith9
Do any of the current scripts have an automatic fix for this and I did not realize what it was talking about so never new it was there?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
kentsmith9 wrote:I started a Same Connections thread in the Wiki Forum to ensure we know this is still an issue and then document it.
For those interested, in the Wiki thread above, I posted results from some tests in Live Map and so far I have only found routing problems that are unrelated to the Same Connection issue.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Just noticed this morning, with FF23 I am getting an error "WME Toolbox - Loader Update Needed". It gives me a link to download the latest version and I do that. It says it installs 1.0.7. I have restarted Firefox, but the error continues to come up. Did I miss something earlier in this thread? I actually see the toolbox menu, but I cannot do anything with the editor as the error message has control. I can only disable the script or go to the link to download the latest version again (which does not change the problem).
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
LOL. And when I hit return I found my problem. I had two Toolbox script versions running. I disabled the one that does not include "[loader]" in the Greasemonkey list and all seems to be good now.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
And now a new problem. With this new script version running, I cannot select any streets. When I do a permalink, I can hover the mouse over a segment and see it highlighted like I could select it, but once the Toolbox script loads and shows me the toolbar the segment is no longer highlighted with the mouse and no segments or junctions can be selected.

Have not tried disabling all other scripts, but can later tonight.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
OyyoDams wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:And now a new problem. With this new script version running, I cannot select any streets. When I do a permalink, I can hover the mouse over a segment and see it highlighted like I could select it, but once the Toolbox script loads and shows me the toolbar the segment is no longer highlighted with the mouse and no segments or junctions can be selected.

Have not tried disabling all other scripts, but can later tonight.
I don't see this problem, in Chrome and Firefox.
I found it is connected to JNF, but of course when I disable JNF the toolbox will no longer work. Didn't have much time last night to play with it, so will need to try again tonight.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
bz2012 wrote:Maybe the WME toolbox should display a big red message somewhere near the cursor (when the turn arrows are transparent) that says 'If you can't click on the turn arrows, press the letter "a"'
I did create Transparent as a redirect to the Keyboard Shortcuts page for "a"
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
bz2012 wrote:And, how about a 'terminal "."' remover function for those street names that have been flagged as ending in a '.'?
:)
Wouldn't that be more of a WME Validator function?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
dbraughlr wrote:I would like a one-letter command (e.g., j) to turn a geometry point into a junction. It should operate on the geometry point of the selected segment over which the mouse hovers, one junction per keypress (non-repeating).
I assume by your description this results in a two segment junction.
I think this is a great idea. I am constantly having to use "i" to build a road just to bifurcate a segment, then delete the newly added road. This would be so much easier.

Maybe we could get Waze to eventually add it to WME "soon". :roll:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
qwaletee wrote:Maybe a topic named "Arrows"? (Redirect or its own short page. It could be an explanation of how to physically interact with the arrows as a separate how-to page.)

And perhaps a quick note in the turn restrictions text.
We already have what I think is a pretty detailed description on the arrows:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Map_Editing_ ... d_turns.29
It is also linked to many new terms like:
  • Turn arrow
  • Turn arrows
  • Arrow
  • Arrows
And many other things already. If there are other terms anyone can think of let me know and we can link them.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message