دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة

Anybody out there? UAE

Post by Viking63ef
Guys I can see you driving around now and then but no response on the forum.
Step up and help us make Waze work in UAE.
Viking63ef

POSTER_ID:891164

Send a message
Eric
Area Manager Abu Dhabi, UAE

Post by Wolf_O
Live map: now it shows everything, no idea why it didn't when I first opened it. Normally I only use it in the car on my HTC, but when I realized, that he sends me to Green Community R/A instead of the fly-over, I checked it on the live map later. It was a problem of road "size". I tried to correct it in the "edit" mode.
There are more "Wazers" driving around Dubai than I thought! I think we should have a sticker on our cars! ;-)
Lupo
Wolf_O
Send a message

Post by Wolf_O
Downloaded Waze today, used it already, posted reports alredy - THIS IS GREAT!! I will start editing the map tomorrow. Why does the "Live Map" on the HomePage show nothing at all in the UAE???

Lupo
Wolf_O
Send a message

Post by Viking63ef
Absolutely. Sorry for the late reply but I have been doing this alone for quite a while :-(
Go to your dashboard and zoom in for an area that you want to be responsible for. Click the button Permalink in the bottom right.
Copy that address from the addressfield in your browser and send a request to alpha@waze.com and tell them that you want to be area manager for that area.
When this is done you will have full control over your area and can edit as much as you want.
Viking63ef
Send a message
Eric

Post by Viking63ef
The functionality in your Android is probably much better than my BB. I am sure you will be able to help out and if you can get more friends starting using it we will have much better chance to improve the maps.
Viking63ef
Send a message
Eric

Post by Viking63ef
I guess that is a fact. It is just that it is impossible for me to handle it all by myself and people are just adding crap into the map so I am constantly in a backlog trying to sort things up.
It would be easier to have a few more guys (or girls) and get some help.
Viking63ef
Send a message
Eric

Post by Viking63ef
Seems like I am the only one using this forum at least. I can see you driving around and I sometimes get messages and reports from you but please also join this forum so we can help each other.
Viking63ef
Send a message
Eric

Post by TheOtherNeo
The area is Al Quoz again.

It is always someone new. :? I have contacted the editors the previous two times and reverted it back. There needs to be a way of vetting editors before they can make changes. What the map need is a clean-up and simplification effort and less meddling with minute changes which adds nothing to the application's functionality.
bazgrant wrote:What area is it? Maybe you can talk with the editor who changed it and come up with an amicable solution?
TheOtherNeo
Send a message

Post by TheOtherNeo
I've not been using Waze for a couple of months since I've been out of the country regularly and the application didn't work either. Now that I'm back I see that someone has gone an undone all the work I did on some roads. The T-junctions are now again split roads, and on top of that all of the segments are categorised as "Ramp".
nbezuidenhout wrote:After spending the last few days cleaning up an area and removing all the spaghetti junctions, multiple tiny one-way segments at what is supposed to be T-junctions etc, someone went and put it all back again. :evil:

Don't really feel like chasing a moving target. :cry:
TheOtherNeo
Send a message