Post by sjam613
Thank you! That other user name was driving me crazy!
sjam613
Send a message

Post by Sweo
davipt wrote:
world_b85zy5cs wrote:Hi

I can confirm that it's, at the moment, impossible for me to change my username to a proper one without loosing my current points.

I'm now on world_b85zy5cs, I would like Sweo, which I use as nick.

When I first installed the app, I connected via Facebook which caused Waze to create this temporary username for me.
If you used facebook, try the following:
- remove the app
- reinstall the app
- on start, click on login and then login with Facebook
- double check it's your account on wazer->my wazer -> age of your account for example
- follow the faq instructions: settings->waze account-> register -> enter new username, pass, nickname and the email address, which can be the one from Facebook, of if you get an error, any other email.
- login into the client with that username
- on the forum, click on the footer on the "clear all cookies" and login with the new account.

The trick is to start from scratch, login with Facebook to regain the world_account, and *then* create the real account.
Hey!
That was the trick!

This should be in the faq!
Sweo
Send a message

Post by Sweo
AndyPoms wrote: There is a little section with a link specifically for world_ & usa_ username changes, that I'm betting you didn't see.
A section other than the "Settings - Acount & Login - Username & Password" method?

Well, the trick was to reinstall the App.

I seem to have lost my forum history, but my drive and map editing history are still there!

/Sweo
Sweo
Send a message

Post by usa_5lnx0myb
davipt wrote:

I can confirm that it's, at the moment, impossible for me to change my username to a proper one without loosing my current points.

When I first installed the app, I connected via Facebook which caused Waze to create this temporary username for me.
If you used facebook, try the following:
- remove the app
- reinstall the app
- on start, click on login and then login with Facebook
- double check it's your account on wazer->my wazer -> age of your account for example
- follow the faq instructions: settings->waze account-> register -> enter new username, pass, nickname and the email address, which can be the one from Facebook, of if you get an error, any other email.
- on the forum, click on the footer on the "clear all cookies" and login with the new account.

The trick is to start from scratch, login with Facebook to regain the world_account, and *then* create the real account.
Just wanted to add that this finally worked for me. I have tried all the other suggestions.
usa_5lnx0myb
Send a message

Post by usa_sl1dixif
I am trying to figure this out also, the system changed it when I tried to log in to account after loading the app on new phone. i have never used facebook, for this account.
Please advise.
usa_sl1dixif
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
mssusa wrote:I believe that the last updated date on the editor does not necessarily mean that someone has actually logged on and edited the segment. Somehow the system has made a change to the segment because of an action by that user. It *could be * cookies munched, drives causing geometry changes, drives causing a node to be created on an intersection, confirming a client paved road,... Anything!

Disclaimer : how the system behaves in your server/country is different from how it behaves in other servers/countries.
I can confirm this action for the NA server. My father doesn't know a thing about the editor but he is listed as both "Created By" and "Updated By" on road segments near his home where he was the first to drive on a base-mapped road.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by world_5aeuq7zx
Ok, I'm following the instructions, but I have a doubt:

"- follow the faq instructions: settings->waze account-> register -> enter new username, pass, nickname and the email address, which can be the one from Facebook, of if you get an error, any other email.
- on the forum, click on the footer on the "clear all cookies" and login with the new account."

Ok, I logged in again with facebook then entered the new username, pass and nickname; but in the next step which account I have to use for logging in the forum and clear all cookies? The new one I just created or the oldie world one I had it??? I think in the final step I must use the new one, but in the previous step it is not crystal clear. Could you help me?

Thanks and regards.
world_5aeuq7zx
Send a message

Post by world_b85zy5cs
Hi

When I tried to register a proper name, Waze complained that the e-mail was already in use.

The only option I found at the time to log on to my dashboard etc. was to use the recover password function.
By doing so, Waze e-mailed me an automatically created password, which I could use to log on to the site, edit the map, etc..

The instruction on the support site on how to create a username under settings - account & login - username & password isn't working for me since my world_**** username and password are already there.

To loose my accumulated points isn't appealing. But still, I would like the opportunity to become an area manager in the future.

I hope the people at Waze are working with this issue, making it possible to rename the account without deleting it.
-Can someone confirm?

Best regards.
Sverker
Sweden
world_b85zy5cs
Send a message

Post by world_b85zy5cs
AndyPoms wrote:

The instruction on the support site on how to create a username under settings - account & login - username & password isn't working for me since my world_**** username and password are already there.

Best regards.
Sverker.
Sweden

Go to http://world.waze.com/support and search "username" (without the quotes) and you should get instructions to change your temporary account to a full one. We've had a few reports of those instructions not working, but it is still worth trying.
Well, see my quote!

/S
world_b85zy5cs
Send a message