You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

SUGGESTION: Temporary Road Closure/Construction Notice

Post by Fredo-p
Is there any way to be able to push a notification or an "Urgent" update push to Waze in regards to temporary/scheduled road events in the US?

Example
Here in Phoenix, AZ, the Arizon Dept. of Transportation (ADOT), has issued a road closure notice today for the major freeway in Phoenix.

Description|__closed
Location|____On Interstate 10, East-bound from mile post 143.10, at I 17 stack to mile post 145.80, at 7TH STREET
Duration|_____from Fri, 4 Oct 2013 9:00 PM to Sat, 5 Oct 2013 9:00 AM
Restrictions|
Public Notes| Tunnel cleaning and maintenance. Daytime Buss Ph: 855-712-8530
Event Id|_______514558

This event would only last for the time listed above and temp changes or alerts wouldn't show up on time. What I am looking/thinking about is something just like Wazebot/feedthewaze.

Is this possible?
How would temp/short notice road closure/maintenance be handled by a WME?
Fredo-p

POSTER_ID:16781248

Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The only way right now to do this is to mark a closure in the app, but you have to be there at the closure. When multiple drivers report the closed segments, this will affect routing for all drivers. That's in place today.

There is a planned feature for the editor to put closures in place which do not require a tile build, but can affect routing in real-time.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Fredo-p
Thanks Alan. Good to know. Looking forward to this feature one day. That said, what exactly is Wazebot? I see it only shows roads in Europe, so I'm guessing it's not meant for US users?
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by MGODLEW
Fredo-p wrote:Thanks Alan. Good to know. Looking forward to this feature one day. That said, what exactly is Wazebot? I see it only shows roads in Europe, so I'm guessing it's not meant for US users?
I don't believe FeedTheWaze is available in the US yet.
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“