Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bz2012
The new WME version seems to have broken JNF again. In fact everything seems to be broken. I can't even log into WME now!

Edit: I think it is ok now. I went to a practice session and hit ctrl-r and was logged in with no error messages.

New Edit: A quirk of JNF was brought to my attention: When JNF 'fixes' a 'loop' at the end of a segment by inserting a node, it seems to be causing one of the new segments to be shown as 'created' by me, whereas if I manually insert the node by connecting a new segment (and then deleting the new segment) both segments of the loop retain the original creation information.
This may be by design or an unintended consequence of how JNF works.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Have you tried loading it via tampermonkey?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Arnoniem wrote:^^^ The last link is a mirror for userscripts. Is it dead too?

send from my SGS4, using Tapatalk
It seems to be up.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I found a work around for the 'not chrome store' problem and detailed it here:
viewtopic.php?f=819&t=84377#p806286
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
new error message:
The page at https://www.waze.com says:
WME Junction Node Fixer has failed to load due to API
check: Waze.model
OK
Reloaded the page and no error message the second time. Some weird glitch?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by CBenson
While primarily a display issue, I believe there are some minor end-user experience/routing issues that are addressed as well. First, if the route begins or ends on a segment that connects with another segment at both ends, I think that sometimes the route is shown beginning or ending on the other segment. Second, if your route includes a segment that shares end nodes with another segment, if you deviate onto the other segment, it seems that waze does recalculate the route (admittedly not a significant problem as you end up at the same point anyway).

EDIT: I meant, waze does not recalculate the route.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
doctorkb wrote:Ok -- but making the change (i.e. putting that node in there) can introduce a few things:
1. if it's on a corner (a likely place for a geometry node, where the junction would be created), there could suddenly be a "turn left" or "turn right" instruction when before there was none.

2. there will be an additional penalty introduced (at least until the routing engine gets better knowledge of traffic)

So does it not make sense to penalize the lower-classed street first?
I have never received a turn instruction at a point like this. Do you have a example of one that does, it would be interesting to determine when the instruction is given and when it is not.

Why will there be an additional penalty? Waze told us ages ago there was a penalty to pass every junction node, but later told us that if the node only connects two segments the penalty is "null."
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
But that's the same situation as the US.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
bgodette wrote:[It's been fixed for a while Jason. It's likely been working as it does today since sometime between January (when they talked about it indirectly in DA/RI) and April when we got the answer to a direct question in person with the two authorities on routing.
I agree with Jason. I still see URs with routes that pass easier ways to U-turn and seek out dead ends for the U-turn. I've sent a few for review (like here), but never get any feedback and then UR gets closed.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
sketch wrote:Why would staff look in the wiki updates forum for feedback?
Seemed reasonable to post in the thread that they asked for examples. (I send them off to Noam as well.)
sketch wrote:We will never get to all the dead-end U turns in the country even if we try. Let Waze fix it like they say they will. It's out of our hands.
Agreed.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message