Philippine Wazers

Questions or problems which are country-specific should be addressed in your country forum. You will not only connect better with your local community, but you can use your native language for more convenient communication.

Moderators: adriansinger, Unholy

Re: Philippine Wazers

Postby dhageuk » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:30 am

welcome to waze. and enjoy editting.
we should make a standard on how the roads,ramps,service roads. anyone?
dhageuk

Postby xykotik » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:29 am

Hi to all! Just transferred from Nokia E72 w/ Garmin XT and OSM-PH map to a BB with google maps, so i searched around trying to find a decent GPS app with a detailed PH map. Saw this site, and it sounds very promising :) At once i wanted to ask if we can use OSM maps here, but saw in the FAQs that we can't, so ok, guess we're back to square one. That means, let's get tracing again! :D
xykotik

Postby dhageuk » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:42 am

sorry for the late reply. please ask to be area manager. send email to alpha at waze dot com.
please make sure that you put junctions on every intersections for navigating purposes.
dhageuk

Postby Ungas » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:05 am

Pano ba mag edit ng roads? I need to edit my previous created roads. Kaso mahina ako sa editing.

I got the points while creating newly developed road maps. I made the north luzon loop recently, kaya lumobo sa points. Plus, I average 250 kilometers per trip monthly.
Ungas
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Ungas » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:11 am

Agree! There are lots of unmapped areas to be discovered. :)
Ungas
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Elliptical Road to Commonwealth Ave: Turn not allowed

Postby kazmuth » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:24 am

thebartender wrote:Hope someone can edit it please since it's locked. Right turn into Commonwealth from Elliptical Road is not allowed so we are re-routed into Teacher's Village which is truly not needed. Salamat po.

Fixed, I locked this road because the turn restrictions were always getting changed. Let's hope the fix gets included in the next map update.
kazmuth
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: Elliptical Road to Commonwealth Ave: Turn not allowed

Postby thebartender » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Hope someone can edit it please since it's locked. Right turn into Commonwealth from Elliptical Road is not allowed so we are re-routed into Teacher's Village which is truly not needed. Salamat po.
thebartender

Philippine Wazers

Postby kazmuth » Mon May 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Kung mapapansin mo, habang dinadaanan mo yung mga daan na wala masyado nakatira. Nawawalan ng signal yung phone at nagiging 'searching for network' yung status ng waze. Pag ganun, di nya na-record yung portion na yun ng drive mo. Ganun din nangyari sa akin kaya putol-putol din sessions ko. Nag-request na lang ako na maging AM para ma-edit ko ng maayos yung nadaanan ko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kazmuth
Coordinators
Coordinators

Philippine Wazers

Postby kazmuth » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:38 pm

Waze selects routes based on the road type, selecting freeways over major highways, major highways over minor highways, and so on, unless you have 'avoid highways' enabled. This was the reason why waze always suggests the heavy traffic ridden 'Kalayaan Avenue' in Makati over '32nd St.' because 'Kalayaan Avenue' was tagged as a minor highway and '32nd St.' was only a street. I've made both of them as primary streets to have them have the same speed penalty and routing would then be based on traffic reports on both roads.

Another basis for waze routing is the number of junctions on the street. Each junction adds a 5 second penalty on the route computation so waze will prefer a street with lesser junctions.

The problem with waze road types is the limited types, there should be secondary and tertiary roads. I agree that the freeways be limited to the 'expressways' but the major highways I think should be limited to the likes of 'MacArthur', 'Maharlika', 'National', 'Cagayan Valley Road', etc. which traverses across multiple provinces. Minor highways then become roads which are the main provincial roads, primary roads would be the main city or municipal roads.

Maybe we can create a list here so we can be in agreement on the road types for our streets like

Freeways:
NLEX
SCTEX
SLEX
STAR

Major:
MacArthur
Maharlika
National

Minor:

Primary:

And then maybe have a separate list for different provinces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kazmuth
Coordinators
Coordinators

Philippine Wazers

Postby kazmuth » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:12 pm

All the roads I create and rename have their complete names. If TTS would be implemented in the world server, I think it would not be that useful. Not all streets have english names and it would not pronounce the street names properly. Here in the Philippines, most of our roads are from spanish sounding names and tagalog words so TTS say them differently from how we know them. As for the long names, I don't know if it's just me but I would prefer complete names instead of initials or abbreviation. This is to avoid confusion especially for those who are unfamiliar with an area. There are not a lot of roads with long names anyway and for me it would be tolerable if it would prevent confusion on directions. These are just my 2 cents :)
kazmuth
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Local Forums by Country (Language)