Unable to create rd: insufficient permissions to create city

Post by tomkerswill
Hi

I am trying to create a new road. Once I have created the Road, I am asked to give them name of the city. The name of the city is Manchester. Once I type that, I get the following error:

Insufficient permissions

I now cannot create my road (or any other roads in the area).

Please could Manchester (UK) be added to the map as a city -- or even better, could I be given permission to add it myself,

Thanks

Tom
tomkerswill

POSTER_ID:46825

Send a message

Post by enormekever
I've got permission to edit and create roads in a 1 mile radius from roads you've driven with Waze enabled.
Have wazed any roads yet? Take in mind that driven roads are processed by the server within 24-48h.
enormekever
Send a message
Regio Manager Noord-Brabant
https://img844.imageshack.us/img844/9051/1hb2.png
Setup: HTC One • Android 4.4.3 • Waze 3.8.1.0 • Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Post by robin1979
tomkerswill wrote:Hi

I am trying to create a new road. Once I have created the Road, I am asked to give them name of the city. The name of the city is Manchester. Once I type that, I get the following error:

Insufficient permissions

I now cannot create my road (or any other roads in the area).

Please could Manchester (UK) be added to the map as a city -- or even better, could I be given permission to add it myself,

Thanks

Tom
Tom,

Can't help you with the permissions, since I'm not a staff member. However, I created the city for you in the mean time.

Robin
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
Looks like there's some abnormality with the permission for you. When you select the road and look at its details, do you see yourself as the one who recorded it? Does it appear in your dashboard? ( http://world.waze.com/dashboard )

Could be your routes are not in the archive yet, and you are seeing the traces of somebody else who happened to drive the same stretch of road. Just a wild guess though.

Anyway, if that's not the case, you might want to report it to alpha@waze.com , by doing so you will not only help yourself, but other users as well. Thanks.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
tomkerswill wrote:Oh dear! Now when I try to select an existing segment, I just get the error:

Error: Can't execute query: select is_duplicate_seg(GeomFromText('LINESTRING(-2.2462028407996675 53.46189492813909,

Sounds like a weird SQL error.. I guess I'll do a bug report and check back in a week or so... Thanks for the help so far!

Tom
Yeah, the Waze worker gnomes are on strike right now:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=882

But Fej just came online, he can handle the gnomes!
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by The Fej
Corrected this SQL error. Sorry about that.
We added the check for double road creation so that same street can not be created over existing street. In some cases it failed, but now it should be OK.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by tomkerswill
Thanks for adding the city!

Ah, that's interesting re: the 11 mile thing. The road I was editing was one that I had laid down from my Android yesterday. However, I haven't received any email notifications about having added any roads. though the road *does* show up in my history when I edit the map. Maye some kind of bug...

I'm sure that now the city is added, I will be able to add the roads... It's just a little bit of a pain -- I imagine that a lot of users would have given up by now. Perhaps the permission to add cities should also be given to people who have driven nearby. Either that, or the staff members should add major cities in all countries where Waze operates (perhaps an open streetmap layer could be overlaid over the top to make this easier too)

Tom
tomkerswill
Send a message

Post by tomkerswill
Hi

Okay - so Manchester, UK now exists --- thanks very much for creating this.

Now, when I create a road, I select Manchester UK, and that's fine. However, when I've entered all the details of the road and clicked to create it, I again get the error in red:

No Permission

This seems a bit silly, since roads can always be moderated afterwards, and since actually there are no other marked roads entered in Manchester yet (I guess this may be because other users have had similar problems)... I think with community generated stuff like this, there's not much hope of enough data being generated, unless user data is assumed correct until proven not to be.

Any help appreciated -Going to give up for now!

Tom
tomkerswill
Send a message

Post by tomkerswill
Ah - interesting. When I look at the area I drove in yesterday, I have three routes. One is red, one is green, and one is yellow. But only one of those is shown in my dashboard. I definitely created all three routes (one of the red ones ends at my house). But it looks like only the green and yellow ones can be added. When I click *them*, I get the option to "create a road from this segment" which is much easier... before I was drawing the lines in by hand.

I guess there might have been a problem, and the red ones weren't added under my account -- or else maybe I just need to wait a bit longer. Weirdly, none of the roads have resulted in me being emailed (even after 24 hours).... Maybe I just need to wait and they'll eventually show up in my dashboard...

Tom
tomkerswill
Send a message

Post by tomkerswill
Oh dear! Now when I try to select an existing segment, I just get the error:

Error: Can't execute query: select is_duplicate_seg(GeomFromText('LINESTRING(-2.2462028407996675 53.46189492813909,

Sounds like a weird SQL error.. I guess I'll do a bug report and check back in a week or so... Thanks for the help so far!

Tom
tomkerswill
Send a message