Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by texasfire
When I deviate from the route, Waze acts as if I'm still driving perfectly on-route. It takes about 5 seconds (or more) before the icon realizes that my GPS location is not where my icon is. It's like it tries to predict where I will be, versus where I really am.
texasfire
Send a message

Post by timarm59
The Auto function of the Day/Auto/Night mode isn't working correctly. 8am in the morning I still get Night mode. It's not til around 10am that it realises we've been up for 4 hours!!! How does the app knowwhen to switch modes? The time of day? (clearly not) The phone's light sensor? (I have tried placing the phone in a spot with the most available light). Any ideas? Bug?
timarm59
Send a message
Checkyalater,
Tim

Everything is somewhere

Post by timarm59
jasonh300 wrote:
timarm59 wrote:The Auto function of the Day/Auto/Night mode isn't working correctly. 8am in the morning I still get Night mode. It's not til around 10am that it realises we've been up for 4 hours!!! How does the app knowwhen to switch modes? The time of day? (clearly not) The phone's light sensor? (I have tried placing the phone in a spot with the most available light). Any ideas? Bug?
Sounds like a bug, but it switches based on local sunrise and sunset (or it's supposed to). Where are you?
I'm in Australia.
timarm59
Send a message
Checkyalater,
Tim

Everything is somewhere

Post by unlimitedsounds
Quelonio wrote:I had to downgrade to 3.7.2 due to the new version not recalculating a route if you leave the original route for some reason.

When a traffic event highlights a spot on the map, sometimes the bright spot gets "stuck". You have to exit and kill the app to clear the bright spot on the map.

Dan.
same issue here. pluse it's now taking me on crazy routes so I gave up and use tomtom until waze fixes.
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
so untill the screen going dark and bad routing is fixed, this program is basicially useless. please fix.
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
Driving on broad street in Philly and the display has no street display. why?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:Driving on broad street in Philly and the display has no street display. why?
Screenshot?
Sorry none.. It showed blank except for the police and road hazards. then after a couple miles it came back with streets.. Could it be that it didnt download while I was driving?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
Thus new version stinks. Coming home sat night, it had me going on every side street possible and not main roads. Eventually I stopped the route and then had it start all over and from where I was it finally took me in main roads. What is going on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
edsonajj wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:Thus new version stinks. Coming home sat night, it had me going on every side street possible and not main roads. Eventually I stopped the route and then had it start all over and from where I was it finally took me in main roads. What is going on?
The routing you get does not depend on the app version since the maps are constantly updated (sometimes almost daily) without the need to update the whole app, therefore the route you got was not due to the app but due to the calculated speed of each section of your route. Sometimes there are routing errors and in those cases it is important to remember that you are the driver and have to decide what is truly best, the system learns from all the usage.
But shouldn't it take me on most direct route.. My tomtom app had directions on main road where waze didn't.. Hmmm
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
edsonajj wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:
edsonajj wrote: The routing you get does not depend on the app version since the maps are constantly updated (sometimes almost daily) without the need to update the whole app, therefore the route you got was not due to the app but due to the calculated speed of each section of your route. Sometimes there are routing errors and in those cases it is important to remember that you are the driver and have to decide what is truly best, the system learns from all the usage.
But shouldn't it take me on most direct route.. My tomtom app had directions on main road where waze didn't.. Hmmm
That depends on what kind of navigation you have selected (in Settings>Navigation>Routing styles) Fastest (default) or Shortest.
Fastest.. And the route it selected was
Not the fastest
unlimitedsounds
Send a message
Last edited by edsonajj on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove one quote level to get maximum of 3