Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Annie-Od
This is with a phone mic. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a Bluetooth headset working yet. I'm still working on that part.
Annie-Od
Send a message

Post by Annie-Od
I can get all of the voice commands I have tried to work except the one for reporting a hazzard. Most of the time I am trying to report a vehicle on the shoulder. I have tried saying "vehicle on shoulder". The only time this works is when I'm sitting at home trying to figure out why it doesn't work while I'm driving. I have also tried saying report hazzard and going through the prompts. Every time i get to the point of saying "car" it fails. What am I doing wrong?
Annie-Od
Send a message

Post by Annie-Od
Thank you. I have tried it the way it is listed on the help page: Report Hazzard, On Shoulder, Car. It either fails when I say "report hazzard" or when I say "car". Either way I have not been successful at reporting this with a voice command. I appreciate any help!
Annie-Od
Send a message

Post by Annie-Od
Using the cmd file I have tried saying "reporting vehicle stopped on shoulder". It still doesn't work. Can this be fixed in the app?
Annie-Od
Send a message

Post by Annie-Od
Thanks. I have done 1 and 2 and when I get to 3 just said "car". That fails for me. I will try saying "car stopped" and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes I don't get past 1 ("Report Hazzard") before it fails.
Annie-Od
Send a message

Post by Annie-Od
What I mean by failed:

1.App listens. I say "Report Hazzard". App says "Try Again".
2. App listens. I say "Report Hazzard" again. App says "Can't Hear You".
3. App listens. I say "Report Hazzard" again, usually a little louder. App says "Cancelled".
Annie-Od
Send a message

Post by Annie-Od
Thanks. No music since I turn the volume off when reporting. Other reports such as heavy traffic and police seem to work much more consistently. I did get a hazzard report to work once this morning (first time ever) but 4 other times it didn't work. I have good cell signal when trying to report,too. Google voice searches seem to work fine.
Annie-Od
Send a message

Post by Annie-Od
I have talked with Samsung Support. They say it is a problem with the app and suggest that I try reinstalling. If I do that will I lose my favorites, points, etc?
Annie-Od
Send a message

Post by Annie-Od
I reinstalled the app, but it didn't help the situation at all. I still can't use a voice command to report a car stopped on the side of the road.
Annie-Od
Send a message

Post by Annie-Od
I have even gone to the point of upgrading my phone to a Samsung Galaxy On5 with Marshmellow. And, I'm still having trouble with voice commands. What can I do now other than look for another app or not report anything? Very frustrating.
Annie-Od
Send a message