[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:28 am

Mike-1323 wrote:Or do you have a script blocker running? The domain http://www.wazeteam.com needs to be allowed for Toolbox to work.

AHA! Ok, that was it, then. I do have the ScriptSafe extension loaded. I took advantage of your link above there to bring up that page so I could then set the domain to "trusted" status. Brought up the WME and got a message saying that it was initializing the plugin for me, and then no error message.

Cool. :D

I look forward to seeing how this tool will help me out now. Thanks for the pointer! And thanks also to bigbear3764 for the replies.

Edit: PS, I just looked at the wazeteam.com site again and noticed a section at the top for login, register, etc. Is that something that I need to do in order to fully utilize the tool?
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Mike-1323 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:10 am

SuperDave1426 wrote:Edit: PS, I just looked at the wazeteam.com site again and noticed a section at the top for login, register, etc. Is that something that I need to do in order to fully utilize the tool?

I've never logged in to wazeteam.com. I never even really looked at the wazeteam page.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:54 pm

1.3.2.0 released - Big update!

- New: Toolbox shortcuts can be customized in WME shortcuts editor
- New: Shortcuts editor icon in navbar
- New: WME-Addons features added and improved in Toolbox! (Thanks to gdu1971 who cannot work on WME Addons anymore and let me add his code)
- New: Permalink to Mappy
- Global plugin and loading speed optimization
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby doctorkb » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:14 pm

NICE UPDATE!

Some feature ideas:
1. Province (State) / Country could be in the Properties box. Would make some of the border maintenance stuff a little easier.
2. country-specific 3rd-party maps should be hidden when we're not near that country (i.e. Mappy icon would be useless outside of France, same with Geoportail)
3. old keyboard shortcuts should be default -- the "1" for remove geometry was intuitive -- it meant turning it into one straight segment.
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby iainhouse » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:50 pm

You might need to debug the keyboard shortcut re-assignment. :(

I started to remap to get 1 back to being Clear Geometry. When I did that, the Segment List that was option 1 disappeared.

Then, I tried to map Select Segments (which was showing none) as 3. That worked fine - except pressing 3 brings up the Segment List dialogue, which is still missing from the list of shortcuts.
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby khaytsus » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:50 am

Why is the "fix all" limited to level 6 when it says that it's available for CMs?
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2012 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Samsung Galaxy Note (i717 AT&T; AOKP 4.4.4)
khaytsus

Postby OyyoDams » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:32 am

iainhouse wrote:You might need to debug the keyboard shortcut re-assignment. :(

I started to remap to get 1 back to being Clear Geometry. When I did that, the Segment List that was option 1 disappeared.

Then, I tried to map Select Segments (which was showing none) as 3. That worked fine - except pressing 3 brings up the Segment List dialogue, which is still missing from the list of shortcuts.

Strange bug. However I'm not sure it's due to Toolbox, because it uses standard WME routines to handle shortcuts. Can you try the following:
1) Disable Toolbox
2) Reload the editor and try to change shortcuts
3) Tell me if the same bug happears

Thanks
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby OyyoDams » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:36 am

khaytsus wrote:Why is the "fix all" limited to level 6 when it says that it's available for CMs?

Where does it say it's available for CMs ?
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby iainhouse » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:37 pm

iainhouse wrote:You might need to debug the keyboard shortcut re-assignment. :(

My apologies - I was wrong/confused! :oops:

The keyboard shortcut for "Select Segments" is for the WME-Addons-type select segment dialogue. What confused me is that the Toolbox has it's own "Select Segments" function - the green tick icon on the toolbar. You might want to change the name of one of those 2 functions to avoid confusion.

I'd also echo the comment about having "1" as clear geometry - not necessarily for the "intuitive" reason, but simply for consistency with what it used to be. But it's easy enough to re-map. :)

Also, also, I'd just like to add my thanks for such a wonderful tool (assuming I haven't done it before somewhere further up ;) ).
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby doctorkb » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 pm

OyyoDams wrote:
khaytsus wrote:Why is the "fix all" limited to level 6 when it says that it's available for CMs?

Where does it say it's available for CMs ?

https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/166405 says "For CM"

As an aside... it seems to only fix revconns, not u-turns or soft turns. I was hoping this was going to basically hit the JNF 'q' on every node in view... but no luck. If you feel like it, it would be great to have all u-turns disabled as part of that as well. There are VERY few instances where they're legal in Canada, yet we have a bunch of them enabled from long ago.
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts