[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby petervdveen » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:25 am

Did something change recently?
The shortcut 1 for clearing geometry doesn't work anymore.
And shortcut 2 for a new roundabout too.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Olestas » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:12 am

OMG the wazeteam is at last available to me. Did something change?
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby paulkok_my » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:44 am

Anybody facing problem loading toolbox today? I can't get it to load and I double checked on https://www.wazeteam.com/ the web page is not available.
Toolbox Error.JPG
(9.88 KiB) Downloaded 674 times
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby khaytsus » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:48 pm

OyyoDams wrote:
khaytsus wrote:Why is the "fix all" limited to level 6 when it says that it's available for CMs?

Where does it say it's available for CMs ?

Maybe I miss-read.. but the question remains the same intent; why limited to 6? I spend more time manually fixing turn restrictions and directionality that I could spend on real editing.
khaytsus

Postby SuperDave1426 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:54 pm

I have found "Properties Editor" in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. Is that it?

One item of note: If I select a landmark rather than a street, it comes up saying City, Street, etc are blank. Landmarks don't have a "street" entry in them. If you edit the address information for a landmark in the regular editor, it has places for country, state & city. The landmark I'm looking at as I type this already has values plugged into those sections, which I'm guessing it got from the location of the landmark when it was created. :-)

The "Properties Editor" seems (from the fields showing within it) to be aimed at streets. It does show proper, already existing values when I select a street. What's going to happen to a landmark if someone uses this on it and actually save their changes?

Edit: One other thing I just discovered - the roundabout tools are grayed out and aren't working now. Is that a bug, or did you decide that Rank 2 editors shouldn't have access to it? :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:36 pm

New: "Select in landmark" from WME-Addons added
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby doctorkb » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 pm

OyyoDams wrote:
khaytsus wrote:Why is the "fix all" limited to level 6 when it says that it's available for CMs?

https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/166405 says "For CM"

As an aside... it seems to only fix revconns, not u-turns or soft turns. I was hoping this was going to basically hit the JNF 'q' on every node in view... but no luck. If you feel like it, it would be great to have all u-turns disabled as part of that as well. There are VERY few instances where they're legal in Canada, yet we have a bunch of them enabled from long ago.
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby iainhouse » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:37 pm

iainhouse wrote:You might need to debug the keyboard shortcut re-assignment. :(

I started to remap to get 1 back to being Clear Geometry. When I did that, the Segment List that was option 1 disappeared.

Then, I tried to map Select Segments (which was showing none) as 3. That worked fine - except pressing 3 brings up the Segment List dialogue, which is still missing from the list of shortcuts.

My apologies - I was wrong/confused! :oops:

The keyboard shortcut for "Select Segments" is for the WME-Addons-type select segment dialogue. What confused me is that the Toolbox has it's own "Select Segments" function - the green tick icon on the toolbar. You might want to change the name of one of those 2 functions to avoid confusion.

I'd also echo the comment about having "1" as clear geometry - not necessarily for the "intuitive" reason, but simply for consistency with what it used to be. But it's easy enough to re-map. :)

Also, also, I'd just like to add my thanks for such a wonderful tool (assuming I haven't done it before somewhere further up ;) ).
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:36 am

OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby OyyoDams » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:32 am

iainhouse wrote:You might need to debug the keyboard shortcut re-assignment. :(

I started to remap to get 1 back to being Clear Geometry. When I did that, the Segment List that was option 1 disappeared.

Then, I tried to map Select Segments (which was showing none) as 3. That worked fine - except pressing 3 brings up the Segment List dialogue, which is still missing from the list of shortcuts.

Strange bug. However I'm not sure it's due to Toolbox, because it uses standard WME routines to handle shortcuts. Can you try the following:
1) Disable Toolbox
2) Reload the editor and try to change shortcuts
3) Tell me if the same bug happears

Thanks
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts