These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Vidur99
Using Waze on Sony Xperia V with latest 4.1.2 android and Waze has major issues to find and lock to GPS.
If I use another app like GPStest or Google maps it find a lock and keep it. If I close the other app it's fine for a while but then I can loose lock again for no apparent reason.
Vidur99
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vinuthomas
I'm seeing a lot of issues with v3.7.3 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The rendering in the app itself is buggy and patches appear though out the maps. The fonts themselves don't render correctly with a lot of text coming up as blocks. While trying to exit the app, Waze sometimes take a long time to quit and once or twice crashed.
Edit: Adding notes via Twitter Conversation with @waze:
[*]Tried also uninstalling the app, deleting the Waze folder and reinstalling the app - still gives the same problem.
[*]Running on Stock ROM
Screenshots:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/626 ... .jpg-large
System Information
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/626 ... AAD1WF.jpg
vinuthomas
Send a message

Post by wasu6
I have been using Waze for barely 6 days and I already have encountered 3 serious issues on my Samsung Note 2.
1) once you lose network coverage and internet connection the app does not seem to be able to pick it up again when it reappears. Instead it gets stuck in searching for network, while all other apps can access net no problem.
2) the app breaks down gps lock when used in parallel with other gps enabled apps, like google maps or my tracks. Suddenly the gps icon starts blinking never to get the lock again. Phone restart required. When checked with gpstest app it shows that the phone picks up as many as 12 satellites but accuracy remains 0 with no lock.
3) Sometimes it shows the "uh-oh" dialog, claiming no gps signal in current location, when trying to report fuel prices. The gps lock does work in that location, the gps icon does not blink and even the waze navigation does work so it's only the fuel reporting that fails to pick this up.

I hope my report comes to any use.
Regards,
Tom
wasu6
Send a message

Post by whatthewut
I'm running Waze 3.7.3.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 4.2.2.

Sometime after the last update to Waze (might have been immediately after; i'm not sure) I'm getting a near constant "flickering" or "jumping" on the map view. It doesn't matter if I'm stationary or moving, but the screen constant flickers back and forth, as if the orientation is jumping from one view to another. It makes the app incredibly difficult to use. No other apps exhibit this behavior. Dialogue boxes in waze are stationary, it's just the map that jumps around.

I've tried changing the view to 2D, disable auto-zoom, and other settings but it doesn't alter the behavior. Restarting the app and phone has no affect the issue. Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on what I can do to get the app to work normally again?
whatthewut
Send a message

Post by wiggers
If I try reporting a hazard, accident, police or something, when I swipe the bottom right button (sometimes it takes 2 or 3 attempts to do that) all I see are traffic queue reporting options. This happens even if I am travelling at the speed limit, so how can it think I'm in a traffic queue?

I eventually discovered that you have to click 'back' to get out of this screen, but then to make a report you end up clicking a dozen more times! This needs to be much, much easier. Two, maybe three clicks at the most.

Why not fill the screen with the most common report types, so you just click one and that's it? Only show one traffic queue option depending on current speed, for example. And if I do make a traffic queue report, why does it then ask me a minute later if I'm in heavy traffic?

(Nexus 4)
wiggers
Send a message

Post by wiggers
I thought just tapping the menu button had been disabled in this update! I kept jabbing at it but nothing happened and then I noticed when I tapped it there was a slide opening up to the left, so I assumed the was a new feature that meant you had to slide now. Maybe as I was tapping it was slightly moving so it went to the slide mode, so it looks like the movement required to trigger a slide is too sensitive. Very frustrating UI though!

The report menu only has 9 buttons on my screen, when it could easily fit 20 or more.
wiggers
Send a message

Post by wiggers
I've just been out for the afternoon and I found a road on my route had been closed. I tapped the report for the road closure and then waited for a new route, which didn't come. I waited for a good minute or two but the screen just showed the original route. Then I had to drive off on the official diversion and only then did Waze start rerouting.

When I left the event to come home I asked for a route, expecting it to avoid the road I had marked closed, but no, it sent me straight back there! Fortunately I could see what it was doing and ignored it, started following a route some others at the event recommended.
wiggers
Send a message

Post by wiggers
Last week I was driving around north Bristol, on the ring road. I saw a report of a serious accident 7m ahead flash up. I expected Waze to find me a new route to avoid it, but instead I ended up stuck in almost stationary traffic for half an hour on the M4.
wiggers
Send a message

Post by yeunsin
Waze bug problem report

Encounter that when start up the Waze version 3.7.3 and Waze may automatically asking for navigation or not by recommanded Waze's owner favorite place.

now the problem is when it asking:
"Are you on the way to:", but no destination shown. please refer to attach photo.
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww34 ... 1378259391

do anyone encounter same problem?

my Waze browsing by Galaxy Note 2 android 4.1.2.
yeunsin
Send a message

Post by yksnirk
Hi,
I know there are a few topics on the road closure, but I couldn't find the answer to this, so here goes:
I was driving along a 'main' road and noticed that one of the side streets i was driving past was closed for resurfacing. I clicked on the Road Closure feature, which brought up a screen showing the immediate streets around me with arrows at the beginning of each streets. Waze client instructed me to click on the arrow to signify which road was closed, but the arrows weren't clickable at all - I tried to click on the arrows and nothing happened. I tried to close and restart the client but that didn't help at all. Do I need a certain rank to mark the road as closed (I'm only a noob - level 1)? and if so, why is the option there on my client to begin with?
I am running Release 3.7.3.0 on my Android smartphone (Android version 4.1.1)
yksnirk
Send a message
Sam :shock:
Australian Wazer
Nexus 5 with Lollipop (5.0.1) :?