Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by barbazzNinja
And this is not a Galaxy problem. I'm having exactly the same symptoms with my Motorola Moto G...
barbazzNinja
Send a message

Post by barbazzNinja
Furry_ wrote:I hope this works for you!
It worked! Many thanks
barbazzNinja
Send a message

Post by barbazzNinja
barbazzNinja wrote:It worked! Many thanks
I spoke too soon :evil:
Ellen88K6 wrote:I installed the GPS test app, cleared and updated the AGPS, and this seemed to work at first. However, it only worked one time, and now I'm getting the error message again.
Exactly the same here.
barbazzNinja
Send a message

Post by bayleelruiz
Also having this same issue with my iphone and did all the troubleshooting as well.

I even had to make a new account because when I deleted my app, it didn't save my old info.

This is VERY frustrating and if anyone has any idea please help!

pnagan wrote:I started getting a "No GPS" message a few days back on my iPhone 6 with iOS 9.3.1. So I am unable to use Waze navigation anymore.

I have tried rebooting my iPhone, resetting my iPhone (pressing home+power button) and re-installing the latest Waze app (after deleting it) in that order. None of the above has been able to get rid of the issue.

Other navigation apps like Apple Maps and Google Maps as well as the Compass app seem to work fine on this same iPhone meanwhile without any errors.

Really bummed as I am a long-time Wazer and love this app. Any one have any tips on what may be wrong?
bayleelruiz
Send a message

Post by bdfw33
Here lately I have been getting the same no gps reading. I have an Android with the updated software. I have went as far as uninstalling the app and reinstalling the app but that has not helped. I have tried rebooting and that does not help either. I have left the app running for over an hour at a time hoping that it will pick up the signal and that has not helped either. This has been a good app in the past but now that I am having problems with it not working for me then I don't know if it is feasible for me to continue to try to use it. I would like any help to resolve this issue. It doesn't help me at all with the rush hour traffic or for me to be able to report things either.
bdfw33
Send a message

Post by beephonkbeeplol
So I updated to iOS 12.1.2 and the GPS is now showing the same problems as many others on here. When I start the Waze app, it will tell me no GPS signal for a few minutes, then suddenly work for 10 seconds and then back again, rinse and repeat..

I've tried all of the Apple solutions and also the Waze guide for resetting GPS, and none of these work. If anybody running iOS 12.1.2 has fixed this problem then please share it. Thanks.
beephonkbeeplol
Send a message

Beeydadari
Send a message

Post by Beezer69
I have the same problem and It is definitely Waze. It loses GPS almost to the point that of the app being useless, and it was fine before.

I was on the 405 freeway near Florence, and it had been losing connection, I got past Slauson and it still hadn't come back. I turned my phone off and restarted it and waze, and it had GPS for less than a minute. I shut Waze down as it was not working, and started Google maps and put the same address in. It worked all the way to the location.

Something is wrong with my Waze at least. I searched Google today to see if others were having the same problem, to find out what they have done to solve it.

Waze needs to give us some answers
Beezer69
Send a message

Post by Beezer69
I found the problem and the solution for me at least!

I have a note2, and it was doing the same thing. Waze was useless as I never had GPS. I even had considered upgrading my phone, as reinstalling Waze didn't help.

The problem is the phone overheats when Waze in on, and for some reason that affects the GPS. I know this is true, because my son-in-law told me about a phone Holder that used the A/C vents to hold the phone, so cold air constantly blows on my phone and keeps it cool. When I'm using Waze and it is in the phone Holder, it never loses GPS.

I think if you open Waze and keep it next the the A/C vents (obviously with cool air coming out of them), you will find that Waze will not lose GPS.

I had given up on Waze until I stumbled upon this fix
Beezer69
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
What phone?
What OS?
Waze version?

Maybe try a search to see if anyone else has had same problem.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message