[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Granted, I'm not a Rank 5 editor, but what's an "unnecessary geometry node?"
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby slandrum » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Geometry nodes are what give shape to road segments that aren't straight lines. An unnecessary one would be one that's directly in line between two other geometry nodes, so it actually contributes nothing to the shape of the road.

Geometry nodes also describe the perimeter of landmarks, and an unnecessary node again would be one that does not actually alter the shape of the boundary with its presence.
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 Image
slandrum

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Ah, ok. That makes sense. I've actually run into a few roads like that while I've been cleaning up old information, etc. Is there a way to actually get rid of those extraneous extra nodes? I mean, short of deleting the road and recreating? (I don't do that - when I'm cleaning something up, I always prefer to reuse existing roads whenever possible.)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby iainhouse » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Minor bug report.

If you de-select "Activate popups" whilst a popup is currently being shown, that popup gets left behind on the screen.
AM: London (DELETED)
ImageImageImage
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby slandrum » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:38 am

SuperDave1426 wrote:Ah, ok. That makes sense. I've actually run into a few roads like that while I've been cleaning up old information, etc. Is there a way to actually get rid of those extraneous extra nodes? I mean, short of deleting the road and recreating? (I don't do that - when I'm cleaning something up, I always prefer to reuse existing roads whenever possible.)

In the editor, after selecting a segment you can position the mouse over a geometry node and press the D key. There are also scripts that provide functions for removing some or all of the geometry nodes from one or more segments.
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 Image
slandrum

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:08 am

Cool, that's good to know! In the past, I've just "made due" by spreading the nodes out across the road and try to keep them as straight as possible. :-) Now I know how to handle them properly. Thanks!
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:15 am

Version 1.3.3.1
New: External permalinks can be (des)activated in configuration panel

iainhouse wrote:Minor bug report.

If you de-select "Activate popups" whilst a popup is currently being shown, that popup gets left behind on the screen.

Should be fixed ;)
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby plausiblydamp » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:16 am

Since earlier this morning I am now getting an Error telling me to uninstall WME AddOns if I wish to use WME Toolbox as all the main functionality is now in WME Toolbox anyway.

Does WME Toolbox also contain the option to suppress unnecessary junctions? If so I can't seem to find the option anywhere.
plausiblydamp
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:19 am

plausiblydamp wrote:Since earlier this morning I am now getting an Error telling me to uninstall WME AddOns if I wish to use WME Toolbox as all the main functionality is now in WME Toolbox anyway.

Does WME Toolbox also contain the option to suppress unnecessary junctions? If so I can't seem to find the option anywhere.

This feature is dangerous, bugged, and shouldn't be used without extrem knowledge, so for now it's not available in Toolbox.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby khaytsus » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:44 pm

OyyoDams wrote:This feature is dangerous, bugged, and shouldn't be used without extrem knowledge, so for now it's not available in Toolbox.

It worked just fine for me. The only time it's ever failed was when the editor itself was broken and not letting me delete nodes. I got the same errors with or without using the script to do it.
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
khaytsus

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts