[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby PlausiblyDamp » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:59 pm

I know there were a couple of "quirks" such as it not considering junctions with restrictions and apparently road types, however I found it really useful for cleaning up some areas that were still a base map import (especially suburban areas that seemed to have a lot of unnecessary junctions) and for removing junctions when fixing large amounts of Y junctions or over-zealous car park mapping.
PlausiblyDamp
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Well this function has to be improved before being available again.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby markosu » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:48 pm

Until then it would be good if toolbox wouldn't require us to disable that script to function.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2
markosu
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:50 pm

markosu wrote:Until then it would be good if toolbox wouldn't require us to disable that script to function.

No, because this function must NOT be used now.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby PlausiblyDamp » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Is it a general opinion that this function shouldn't be used at all? Other than the general warning about WME Addons being potentially dangerous and care should be taken I couldn't find any specific reference to this being a feature editors must NOT use.
PlausiblyDamp
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby iainhouse » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:08 pm

I'm still seeing the bug with the popups. Exact steps to reproduce:

• Select a roundabout segment whilst popups are active - pop up appears
  • Open Toolbox Configuration Panel and de-select Activate Popups. The visible popup remains on screen - selecting other segments does not affect it.
  • Re-selecting Activate Popups will clear the stranded popup unless the original segment is still selected
With reference to WME-Addons, I have no problem with the loss of the "Remove Nodes" function. I found it to cause more problems than it solved - removing nodes it shouldn't and selecting nodes outside the area you thought you were looking at. I would however like to request a couple of features that I did frequently use WME-Addons for:

• Adjust snap distance
  • "Large" select in landmark option
  • Open in Livemap - mainly because the livemap link is always hidden by "F" fullscreen option
These may already be on your to-do list - and if not, they're not massively important. :)
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED)
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby doctorkb » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:41 pm

OyyoDams wrote:
markosu wrote:Until then it would be good if toolbox wouldn't require us to disable that script to function.

No, because this function must NOT be used now.

Oyyo... I appreciate your conviction, but do you really need to be the one enforcing this? I mean, if Waze staff felt this way, it would mean a very small tweak to the API for Addons to stop being able to do this.

The mere fact that you're using your useful script to limit use of another useful script is really odd...
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby OyyoDams » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Well I find very odd the fact a champ is claiming for a bugged feature. Can't you take a bud, make some other editing, and wait until it's fixed ? Seriously guys, there are many other things to do in the editor!
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby OyyoDams » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:52 pm

iainhouse wrote:I'm still seeing the bug with the popups. Exact steps to reproduce:

• Select a roundabout segment whilst popups are active - pop up appears
  • Open Toolbox Configuration Panel and de-select Activate Popups. The visible popup remains on screen - selecting other segments does not affect it.
  • Re-selecting Activate Popups will clear the stranded popup unless the original segment is still selected
With reference to WME-Addons, I have no problem with the loss of the "Remove Nodes" function. I found it to cause more problems than it solved - removing nodes it shouldn't and selecting nodes outside the area you thought you were looking at. I would however like to request a couple of features that I did frequently use WME-Addons for:

• Adjust snap distance
  • "Large" select in landmark option
  • Open in Livemap - mainly because the livemap link is always hidden by "F" fullscreen option
These may already be on your to-do list - and if not, they're not massively important. :)

Don't worry I have a big todo list, and it includes what you're asking ;)
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby doctorkb » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:55 pm

OyyoDams wrote:Well I find very odd the fact a champ is claiming for a bugged feature. Can't you take a bud, make some other editing, and wait until it's fixed ? Seriously guys, there are many other things to do in the editor!

It worked fine for my purposes... I've never seen it do what you accuse it of.

But as iainhouse pointed out, there are at least a few other features that you've not yet copied over that have great usefulness... Particularly the snap distance one.

Once Toolbox does everything Addons does, then I could see implementing a suggestion that users uninstall Addons... But not forcing it. It's clear that once Addons breaks it won't be repaired.
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts