Official feedback thread - v1.3 - Schedules & Conversation

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Official feedback thread - v1.3 - Schedules & Conversation

Postby ohad-ron » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:11 am

Hey guys,

A new version of the editor is upon us!

The two main features we are introducing today are Scheduled Restrictions and Conversations.

In general:

Scheduled restrictions - lets you define segments which are only available to some types of vehicles for some of the time. This is useful for HOV and public transport lanes, bridges, disallowed left turns in rush hour, etc.

A few things to note about this feature:

• Scheduled Restrictions are part of the map. That means that whenever tiles are updated the scheduled restrictions are updated. That makes this feature less appropriate for things like short-term construction works and and sports events. We are working hard on tools that will work for these use cases as well!
  • Currently all Waze clients are considered a 'private vehicle' so that's the only kind of restrictions that apply.
  • There's currently a bug in the system where restrictions with duration of more than approximately 50 days are not taken into account. We are taking care of this and it will be solved within the next few days. You will be updated.

Conversations - this feature lets you talk directly from the editor with people who have reported update requests. Client users are able to reply directly from the client, and you will get a notification to your client and an email when they respond.

We encourage you to go and read the comprehensive wiki articles (Scheduled Restrictions / Conversations) so you can make the most out of these two features. These are very powerful features which can be destructive in untrained hands :D

I want to take the chance to thank our amazing community for helping us thoroughly test these features, suggest improvements, and write the wiki articles! You are the best!

Please let us know if you see any issues or have any feedback at all.

Happy editing,
Ohad
Ohad R.

Waze Product Team
ohad-ron
Waze Team
Waze Team

Re: New Editor Version! Scheduled Restrictions and Conversat

Postby abebob » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Good news.That's what we are waiting for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
abebob

Postby jstrangfeld » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Awesome additions! Both should prove very useful!
Image ImageImageImageImage
jstrangfeld

Postby no1uknow » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:17 pm

Very cool. Now we can figure out what all those general error reports are all about. :idea:
no1uknow
Harrisburg, PA, USA
ImageImage
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:56 pm

ohad-ron wrote:Conversations - this feature lets you talk directly from the editor with people who have reported update requests. Client users are able to reply directly from the client, and you will get a notification to your client and an email when they respond.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! I've lost count of how many times I've seen a "General error (user reported)" with no other information provided by the user, and the path information being displayed was insufficient to figure out the problem, so I've just had to mark the issue as "solved" to get it off the map. This should be a BIG help to let us clear those up in a more meaningful way! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby AndyPoms » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:23 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:
ohad-ron wrote:Conversations - this feature lets you talk directly from the editor with people who have reported update requests. Client users are able to reply directly from the client, and you will get a notification to your client and an email when they respond.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! I've lost count of how many times I've seen a "General error (user reported)" with no other information provided by the user, and the path information being displayed was insufficient to figure out the problem, so I've just had to mark the issue as "solved" to get it off the map. This should be a BIG help to let us clear those up in a more meaningful way! :mrgreen:

You should have been marking those as "Not Identified" as you didn't solve the issue they were reporting. Only MPs should never be marked as "Not Identified", NOT URs.
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby hebermc » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:34 pm

I had to clear cookies for the "Add restrictions" be displayed.
ImageImageImageImage
SM Pernambuco / CM Brasil
Links importantes
hebermc
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby AndyPoms » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:39 pm

hebermc wrote:I had to clear cookies for the "Add restrictions" be displayed.

Yes, you sometimes have to clear your cache to force WME to update in your browser. This is normal behavior (and is based on your personal browser settings).
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SuperDave1426 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:40 pm

AndyPoms wrote:You should have been marking those as "Not Identified" as you didn't solve the issue they were reporting. Only MPs should never be marked as "Not Identified", NOT URs.

Sorry. I *meant* to say "Not identified." My bad.

Yes, I'll admit that once or twice I did a "solved" because it really looked like it might have simply been an accidental report based on other information (street view, turn restrictions checked, road directions checked, etc.), but the vast majority of the time it was marked as "not identified." Now that you've made that clarification for me, I'll be sure that in the future I *never* mark a "I didn't solve it" UR as "solved." (Though like I said, most of the time I "not identified" them).

Thanks, and I'll be more careful in the future! :-)
Last edited by SuperDave1426 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby afonsolf » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Great improvement!
Will it be a app update soon? I noticed there are some taxis using Waze here, and as there are some restrictions to private vehicles that doesn't apply to them it would be great if we can set the kind of vehicle we're diving in the app.

Thanks!
Afonso L. de Faria.
AM: grande Porto; Viana do Castelo, Valença. Portugal.
afonsolf

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor