You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Suggestion: Map rotation

Post by El_Servas
Sometimes when trying to untangle a road mess, it would be somewhat helpful if the whole map could rotate. You know, to see the roads from a different perspective.
El_Servas

POSTER_ID:8247687

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Clearly very few people agree. I see no advantage. I do agree the roundabout tool needs to allow for elliptical shapes at any angle.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Would have swore that there was already a request in the system for elliptical roundabouts. There wasn't, but now there is: https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=5919
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by bart99gt
I would find it helpful in some areas where roads are obscured by trees from the angle that is used by default (north up). Being able to rotate the map to at least the other cardinal directions may help correct geometry issues when a road is partially or completely obscured.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by bart99gt
I think I was thinking of the "birds eye" view that Bing and Google have, which usually has photography from different days, and sometimes even different times of the year at different angles.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by Flhoest
Agree, especially when creating an elliptic round about which is not horizontal or vertical !
any feedback on this issue ?

Cheers,
Flhoest
Send a message
Frederic Lhoest - Cerfontaine, Belgium
Samsung s10e
Road King !

Post by slandrum
How are the roads obscured? Do you mean in the satellite imagery? If so, then rotating the image will still leave it obscured.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by tenlucas
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Clearly very few people agree. I see no advantage. I do agree the roundabout tool needs to allow for elliptical shapes at any angle.
That's right! The tool must allow draw elliptical shapes at any angle or in last case, not very recomended, rotate the map.

Thanks!
tenlucas
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message