No search engines/no results problems

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: No search engines/no results problems

Postby Sender581 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:42 pm

I'm having the same issues as many previous posters.
I can no longer report gas prices and cannot search. I reverted back to v.3.7.2 which solved both the search and gas price reporting issues. Let's hope Waze comes up with a solution to this soon.
~Alex
Sender581

Postby svx-biker » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:20 am

Any idea, why I don't get a search result for Court in Switzerland?

Even if I'm very close and even in the online Map Editor I cannot find it. Villages close to Court like Malleray work fine though.
svx-biker
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: No search engines - please give permanent solution

Postby ttw06 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:52 pm

same thing has been happening to me, i have a 5s, it was happening to me on my 4s before i updated to ios7 too, trying alaoftheberg's instructions now, hopefully this helps. i feel like when google bought, they sabotaged waze. thats my conspiracy theory.
ttw06

Postby usa_k2v0j3j7 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:13 am

I just experienced the dreaded "no search engine" bug in Waze. I deleted the app and am about to download again. This only happened on my iPhone 4 and not on my iPad. I still have the old iOS on the phone - not sure if that makes any difference or not.
usa_k2v0j3j7

Postby usa_vpwk6riq » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:06 am

same issue on my iphone 3gs with ios 6 tonight - all search engines just mysteriously gone. renders the app completely useless.
usa_vpwk6riq

Postby usa_wmim0rgk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:42 am

Uploaded logs 10/28/13 at 10:23pm est.
Lost search engines/no results just prior to sending logs.
This will be the sixth time I will have to reinstall this app.
It used to be great and I told everyone about it.

Often times when I reinstall the app it will not recognize my user name and password so I have to delete the app and reinstall it. And yes I always upload from the APP store.
I hope this problem gets fixed soon.
usa_wmim0rgk

No search engines/no results problems

Postby wildeidea » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:50 pm

MODERATOR NOTE: Please read this post for instructions on getting detailed information to Waze to troubleshoot this known issue.

I"ve seen a few posts about this, but NO SOLUTIONS! Every couple of days all my search engines disappear and I only have contacts there. This means I can not find any addresses, even if I know them and put them in specifically (Can't even find the White House and I live in DC). The only solution I have is to delete the app and reinstall. This is NOT a long term plan for me, I love Waze, but not that much. will be moving to another navigator in the next week if they don't fix this.
iphone 5 user.
Last edited by AlanOfTheBerg on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added link to instructions post
wildeidea

Postby wildeidea » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:50 pm

I have reinstalled 5 times now, it works for the first two or three navigations, and then all the search engines disappear again. I realise in theory this doesn't seem bad as things are stored on the server, but it's actually very annoying as one doesn't usually go into the navigation till you need it (about to head out, lost somewhere etc), then having to delete and reinstall a program to use it is not even close to practical.

I don't really care about the stored items, those are icing, on a cake I currently don't have! I love using Waze for many reasons, but having to plan before using it is not worth it. This is why I need a PERMANENT solution or I'll have to move on.
wildeidea

Postby wildeidea » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:06 pm

thank you @AlanOfTheBerg I will another log and let you know. I did send a log in earlier this week, but don't have the exact time/date so I shall do again. Hopefully you can help me fix!
wildeidea

Previous

Return to Search