[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby CTGreybeard » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:50 pm

OyyoDams wrote:
CTGreybeard wrote:And, if you will allow me, I have one other report ... this node is removed by unneeded junctions and, yet, when it does, toolbox reports that the two segments are "same connexion" segments. As I don't fully understand the implication of same connexion segments I am unsure if this is a real problem or not.

Well now unneeded junctions shouldn't remove this node anymore. If you remove it, you have 2 segments which are connected to same starting and ending nodes. The navigation algorithm doesn't like that.
Pardon me if I misunderstood but your latest version, 1.3.3.3, still removes this node as well as the other between the one-way and two-way segments.

It is the one that separates the one-way from the two-way that is the most troubling.
Bill W

Home: Bethel, Connecticut

CTGreybeard

Postby doctorkb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:06 am

OyyoDams wrote:
CTGreybeard wrote:And, if you will allow me, I have one other report ... this node is removed by unneeded junctions and, yet, when it does, toolbox reports that the two segments are "same connexion" segments. As I don't fully understand the implication of same connexion segments I am unsure if this is a real problem or not.

Well now unneeded junctions shouldn't remove this node anymore. If you remove it, you have 2 segments which are connected to same starting and ending nodes. The navigation algorithm doesn't like that.

I've heard you say this a few times in the support of this tool, however I've not seen any discussion of it on the forums. Can you point me to where this has been identified as an issue by anyone other than yourself?

petervdveen wrote:There are more scripts that have technical problems when using them together.
I'm happy this script warns about it on forehand.

Also about the decision to ban the remove unnecessary junctions function temporary was a good one.
The function was (I hope it is fixed now) really buggy with a lot of problems.
It had potential to ruin the map in a lot of places.

You know, given the abilities that OyyoDams has, I'm sure he could have just prevented that particular feature from working, rather than basically saying "you can't use that toy in my sandbox".

It isn't a *warning* -- it's a flat-out disabling of the script and any ability to edit at all until one or the other is disabled.

I'm very impressed with the improvements OyyoDams is making to the functionality of Addons, within Toolbox. And the fact that it now does everything that Addons does/did, I'm ok disabling the old in favour of the new.

OyyoDams: PLEASE don't do this again if you decide that JNF or Highlights or URO does something you think it shouldn't. This wouldn't be as big of a deal if a person could choose to not upgrade to the latest version -- but alas, upgrades happen automatically with no advance notice.
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby txemt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:16 am

Something I realize I'm missing, is the ability to pull up a list of all of the roads in the area of the map I'm in and make changes that way. It helps in rural areas of the states, especially when renaming county roads from "Co Rd" to "CR." It would also allow me to find a street in a large metropolitan area.

I've also realized I am having major issues with junctions since the WME toolbox was updated.
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby doctorkb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:37 am

txemt wrote:Something I realize I'm missing, is the ability to pull up a list of all of the roads in the area of the map I'm in and make changes that way. It helps in rural areas of the states, especially when renaming county roads from "Co Rd" to "CR." It would also allow me to find a street in a large metropolitan area.

It is there... I think it is the check mark icon.
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby txemt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:38 am

doctorkb wrote:
txemt wrote:Something I realize I'm missing, is the ability to pull up a list of all of the roads in the area of the map I'm in and make changes that way. It helps in rural areas of the states, especially when renaming county roads from "Co Rd" to "CR." It would also allow me to find a street in a large metropolitan area.

It is there... I think it is the check mark icon.

Oh....nevermind then.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:39 am

doctorkb wrote:You know, given the abilities that OyyoDams has, I'm sure he could have just prevented that particular feature from working, rather than basically saying "you can't use that toy in my sandbox".

It isn't a *warning* -- it's a flat-out disabling of the script and any ability to edit at all until one or the other is disabled.

One more time, for technical reasons, I had do do this. It's very complicated to allow 2 scripts that have same functions running at the same time. My priority was to put Addons features in Toolbox, not to find a way to allow these 2 scripts running together.

doctorkb wrote:I'm very impressed with the improvements OyyoDams is making to the functionality of Addons, within Toolbox. And the fact that it now does everything that Addons does/did, I'm ok disabling the old in favour of the new.

Thanks, now I hope you understand why I just asked you to wait for some hours.

doctorkb wrote:OyyoDams: PLEASE don't do this again if you decide that JNF or Highlights or URO does something you think it shouldn't. This wouldn't be as big of a deal if a person could choose to not upgrade to the latest version -- but alas, upgrades happen automatically with no advance notice.

You don't have to worry about that. I'm not a script killer, and I respect the work of other guys. By the way, I have good relations with Timbones. Since I've put Toolbox layers on the right of the screen, you can ever user Toolbox and Highlight at the same time without switching panels.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby txemt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:53 am

I'm not seeing anything below "Roundabouts which may cause an issue" when my web browser is at 100%.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:03 am

New: Country and State in Properties editor

Note: I can't test State because this is not available in France. Can you tell me if it works as expected ?
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby SuperDave1426 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:55 pm

I did a quick check - didn't make any changes, but when I selected a segment of road and brought up the Properties editor, it showed, properly, the country and state.

I tried to bring up the Properties editor when a landmark was selected, but nothing came up. Is this the expected behavior?
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby doctorkb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:04 pm

OyyoDams wrote:1.3.3.4
New: Country and State in Properties editor

Note: I can't test State because this is not available in France. Can you tell me if it works as expected ?

The State works PERFECTLY.

We have a bunch of roads that somehow got assigned to a province about 6 over -- if you make *any* change to the segment, but don't update the province, you get a save error about "too far from the state". This will make it MUCH easier to fix all those!

Thanks!
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts