The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mapcat
Spil wrote:It obviously needs to be that way again, so that we can communicate with the Wazer posting the request ... but for some reason, the genius pool behind the WME project felt that it was unnecessary. :roll:
It's a privacy thing. Maybe those people who sent a dozen blank "wrong driving instructions" reports from their living room were alarmed when they got a dozen "need more information" responses back from Waze, and every one of them had a map link that, alarmingly, focused in on THE EXACT SPOT WHERE THEY WERE SITTING.
gettingthere wrote:Sorry, I didn't notice 'Cartouche'. I wouldn't do anything with those. They are obsolete.
I disagree. Yes, almost all of them are at least 5 months old at this point, and some over 1,000 days old, but they still have some value. I closed many over the past 2 months, and at least a third of those with an identifiable issue had not been fixed. Even the ones with no useful information at all turned out to be valuable, since I included a message in my reply to the effect of "This response is so late because not enough people near you are editing the maps, so here's how to get started." 20-25 people contacted me for more information, and several have signed on as new AMs.

So don't just ignore these and assume they're useless. Most large cities still have hundreds of them, and they're not that difficult to close out.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by mapcat
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Type: General error
Description: un noted gas spil
I've added it as a landmark.
Note to less experienced editors: ONLY map the gas spils noted by the UN.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
Damn you auto correct! :D
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
jasonh300 wrote:Type: General error
Description: Map is upside down, backwards
Reported on: Yesterday

I don't even know where to start...
Pick whichever response is most likely to make them never, ever use the app again.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
dknight212 wrote:Does the email include a link to the status page?
No, but Ori says they'll consider your suggestion.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
jasonh300 wrote:
zombie16 wrote:I'll do that also. Unfortunately I can't always get to the WME before another editor sees the UR and closes it 'needs more info'. Then the UR is gone and I can't remember what or where the problem was. Oh well.
When this happens, the link to the location, and any text you entered shows up in the email you receive.
But the routes don't.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
foxitrot wrote:It would be helpful, if the user's own UR's would be listed in WME's My places, nearby the "Areas I can edit | Drives | Update Requests". Noone would ever complain anymore, that "his/her" debug UR has been closed too soon...
+1
shawndoc wrote:I'd like to see an option added to the UR response selections. "Not a map problem" Many times I see UR's reporting problems that are not map related, and I with I could choose something other than the typical "not identified" email.
Yes, this is currently being discussed. Communication is coming eventually, but in the interim they are considering another option that will refer the UR submitter to the support page or tell him that what he brought up really isn't a problem.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
I had no idea swearing was involved in making ice! That's good to know.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
fvwazing wrote:The chickens were driving an overturned rig???
They probably hit the cow heading for Polloville.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
Froggypwns wrote:Type: General error
Description: traffic light. major intersection
Reported on: Yesterday

So we add lights in addition to cameras now?
Only if you work for the local highway department. Otherwise you may be arrested.
mapcat
Send a message