Change in editing points

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Change in editing points

Postby asterix06 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:53 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
shirlig wrote:Therefore, we will make the change in points per edit from 1.5 to 3. In addition, we will keep the multi-time editing achievement while changing its values to 1500 points for 3000 edits.

Now I'm confused. I thought the driving recurring candy was being removed because it was buggy? How can we just change the timing/value when the first statement that the awarding of the bonus candy was buggy? Won't the awarding of the 1500pt candy be just as buggy and prone to not be given to users? If you can just fix the awarding bug, just fix the current candy award so it works all the time.

@Shirli
Alan is Right !
the reason to remove was a bug on the system.... and now suddendly , just changing the value of candy the bug if off ???!!!

Did You realize what are we saying ? something sound a little bit strange !!!!

Question :
what was the real reason Waze wanted to remove the bonus candies ?

If if was really a bug on the system...it will continue to be a bug on the system (even changing values) !!
If , in a more realistic way, the reason was another one....but we are not allow to know....that's another story.....
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:33 pm

shirlig wrote:Therefore, we will make the change in points per edit from 1.5 to 3. In addition, we will keep the multi-time editing achievement while changing its values to 1500 points for 3000 edits.

Now I'm confused. I thought the driving recurring candy was being removed because it was buggy? How can we just change the timing/value when the first statement that the awarding of the bonus candy was buggy? Won't the awarding of the 1500pt candy be just as buggy and prone to not be given to users? If you can just fix the awarding bug, just fix the current candy award so it works all the time.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby shirlig » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi guys,

If this multi-time achievement bonus is so important - I wouldn't want to take it away.

Therefore, we will make the change in points per edit from 1.5 to 3. In addition, we will keep the multi-time editing achievement while changing its values to 1500 points for 3000 edits.

What do you say?

Thanks,
Shirli
shirlig
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby linus71 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:49 pm

My thought

Actually I have verified that the system of bonus candies, didn't work properly

Honestly I would have preferred a system that would reward the editors only with candies (maybe 2 candies every 500 edits) to "force" the editors to drive.

Many young editors, make mistakes so trivial, which I think some of them don't use Waze while driving :cry:
linus71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Riamus » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:44 pm

I also disagree with removing the candies. I use that to get an idea of how much editing I have done without having to wait for the dashboard to update. I also think they are "fun" to see. I don't really care that the points remain the same... the effect is lost if you remove the bonuses. As others have said, I think these need to remain and I think we need more recurring bonuses and more one-time bonuses. Currently, the only bonuses you're like to ever see after your first month using Waze are the editing candies. You're likely to have already gotten almost all of the achievements within that first month and then what's the point? We need more rather than less. And I like the idea of seasonal events and holiday events (these can vary from country to country for holidays that may not be celebrated in some parts of the world). Basically, reasons to get out there and drive. It may not really be necessary to entice users to drive anymore as the user base increases, but it's still worthwhile. And besides, you'll likely find more users who join Waze just because they like seeing the different events. Make it fun.
Riamus

Postby AlexN-114 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:33 pm

I like the candies :P and I would miss them. :(
AlexN-114
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby lopaolo69 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Is not possible to you to solve the issue?
Have you all the know-how of G-Mother and nobody can give you a suggestion?

After forgot the season candy, now the last candy we can eat on the road are deleted.
What is remaining? It seems only traffic information for G-Maps in NA :(

Paolo
lopaolo69
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby asterix06 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:56 am

...or simply remove bonus candies !!

In fact doubling automatically the points, push people not to drive with Waze checking possible editing problem but just use waze stay behind a table .
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby asterix06 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:54 am

As Alan said, at the end of the story, nothing changes in term of achieved points !

But Waze, if you want to get rid of it (for whatever reason) restore the initial situation when we were editing without added bonus(but not doubling the points).....so we will see the real editors and may be...as it was in Cartouche....try to give us back the list of pending requests....much more useful for the editor than a bunch of candies
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Mynios » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:57 pm

A great way to handle bugs! :lol:
Mynios
300K edits
300K  edits

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor