Change in editing points

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Change in editing points

Postby linus71 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:49 pm

My thought

Actually I have verified that the system of bonus candies, didn't work properly

Honestly I would have preferred a system that would reward the editors only with candies (maybe 2 candies every 500 edits) to "force" the editors to drive.

Many young editors, make mistakes so trivial, which I think some of them don't use Waze while driving :cry:
linus71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:28 am
Location: Rimini, ITALY
Has thanked: 529 times
Been thanked: 367 times

Re: Change in editing points

Postby shirlig » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi guys,

If this multi-time achievement bonus is so important - I wouldn't want to take it away.

Therefore, we will make the change in points per edit from 1.5 to 3. In addition, we will keep the multi-time editing achievement while changing its values to 1500 points for 3000 edits.

What do you say?

Thanks,
Shirli
Image
shirlig
Waze Team
Waze Team
 
Posts: 1732
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:40 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 2029 times

Re: Change in editing points

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:33 pm

shirlig wrote:Therefore, we will make the change in points per edit from 1.5 to 3. In addition, we will keep the multi-time editing achievement while changing its values to 1500 points for 3000 edits.

Now I'm confused. I thought the driving recurring candy was being removed because it was buggy? How can we just change the timing/value when the first statement that the awarding of the bonus candy was buggy? Won't the awarding of the 1500pt candy be just as buggy and prone to not be given to users? If you can just fix the awarding bug, just fix the current candy award so it works all the time.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 23480
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: US Country Manager - Oregon, USA
Has thanked: 1085 times
Been thanked: 4610 times

Re: Change in editing points

Postby asterix06 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:53 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
shirlig wrote:Therefore, we will make the change in points per edit from 1.5 to 3. In addition, we will keep the multi-time editing achievement while changing its values to 1500 points for 3000 edits.

Now I'm confused. I thought the driving recurring candy was being removed because it was buggy? How can we just change the timing/value when the first statement that the awarding of the bonus candy was buggy? Won't the awarding of the 1500pt candy be just as buggy and prone to not be given to users? If you can just fix the awarding bug, just fix the current candy award so it works all the time.


@Shirli
Alan is Right !
the reason to remove was a bug on the system.... and now suddendly , just changing the value of candy the bug if off ???!!!

Did You realize what are we saying ? something sound a little bit strange !!!!

Question :
what was the real reason Waze wanted to remove the bonus candies ?

If if was really a bug on the system...it will continue to be a bug on the system (even changing values) !!
If , in a more realistic way, the reason was another one....but we are not allow to know....that's another story.....
Image Image
Iphone6 Waze 4.10
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, CM Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina,
Forum Moderator
asterix06
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:23 am
Location: Italy
Has thanked: 840 times
Been thanked: 1551 times

Re: Change in editing points

Postby lopaolo69 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:03 pm

Please, I don't want any points anymore.
I'm editing because It's funny, it's give me a great sensation because I made something useful for all the drivers, so I don't need points.
Please, don't give me points when I edit a road.

Paolo
ImageImageImage
Waze 4.12.0.0 on a Iphone 6 (IOS 10.0.1).
CM Italy Senegal and Thailand
Il Pillolario - Link Utili
lopaolo69
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 3074
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:08 am
Location: Rome, ITALY
Has thanked: 365 times
Been thanked: 416 times

Re: Change in editing points

Postby shirlig » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:33 pm

The fact it was buggy was just one of the reasons to remove this achievement.
The main reason was that due to this achievement being very common, it seemed to make more sense to grant the points as part of the edit.
Moreover, as I mentioned, the "commonness" of this repeated achievement is not consistent with the way other achievements work and users who edit a lot - get a huge backlog of candies (which is sometimes followed by a buggy behavior).
We didn't think it would make such a difference if the points are credited per edit or with the bonus and therefore we decided to make the change.
Your reactions to my post made us realize that this achievement is actually very important for our community of editors and therefore we decided to change it instead of completely removing it.

Hope this is clearer now :)
Image
shirlig
Waze Team
Waze Team
 
Posts: 1732
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:40 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 2029 times

Re: Change in editing points

Postby iainhouse » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:50 pm

So it looks like we're going from getting 3 points per edit (1.5 through WME and 1.5 through candies) to getting 3.5 points per edit (3 through WME and 0.5 through candies). Please don't do this.

If you want to play with the balance of points between WME and candies, I have no problem with it. If you want to award the candies less often by giving them a higher value, I'm fine with that too (although the kids won't see them so often :lol: ).

What I'm not OK with, is giving more points to editors - or less for that matter. Recent discussions here showed messing with the points to be a contentious issue and the poll had a majority for leaving things as they are.

I think it's fair to say that there was a strong opinion wanting to see something added for drivers. I realise most of us here fall into the "editors" more than the "drivers" camp, but it's unfair to be giving editors more points whilst we still do nothing for the drivers who contribute to Waze.
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED)
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager
 
Posts: 6971
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:16 pm
Location: on the road from London to insanity
Has thanked: 1138 times
Been thanked: 3908 times

Re: Change in editing points

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:02 pm

iainhouse wrote:I think it's fair to say that there was a strong opinion wanting to see something added for drivers. I realise most of us here fall into the "editors" more than the "drivers" camp, but it's unfair to be giving editors more points whilst we still do nothing for the drivers who contribute to Waze.
I think it would be a good idea to have more bonus candies for drivers. There used to be VIP Waze Icons (that jumped) for certain things. Maybe something like an additional 500 points for every 5000 miles driven. Or an additional 50 points for every 100 reports you made that got at least one "thumbs up" (to encourage valid reports and not just users spamming the reporting system to make 100 reports to get points).
Image
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7122
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 1296 times

Re: Change in editing points

Postby asterix06 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:10 pm

iainhouse wrote:So it looks like we're going from getting 3 points per edit (1.5 through WME and 1.5 through candies) to getting 3.5 points per edit (3 through WME and 0.5 through candies). Please don't do this.

If you want to play with the balance of points between WME and candies, I have no problem with it. If you want to award the candies less often by giving them a higher value, I'm fine with that too (although the kids won't see them so often :lol: ).

What I'm not OK with, is giving more points to editors - or less for that matter. Recent discussions here showed messing with the points to be a contentious issue and the poll had a majority for leaving things as they are.

I think it's fair to say that there was a strong opinion wanting to see something added for drivers. I realise most of us here fall into the "editors" more than the "drivers" camp, but it's unfair to be giving editors more points whilst we still do nothing for the drivers who contribute to Waze.


@Shirli
this concept is correct.
Drivers should be very basic for Waze I believe...but it looks Waze is more interested in "pure editors" than in drivers checking the job done and providing traffic info data.

Anyway ...you decide.
Image Image
Iphone6 Waze 4.10
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, CM Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina,
Forum Moderator
asterix06
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:23 am
Location: Italy
Has thanked: 840 times
Been thanked: 1551 times

Re: Change in editing points

Postby enhket » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Yes, the issue that got a few people annoyed is you guys couldnt fix the bug. Anyways, Lain is right, you are giving extra points to editors by giving a 750 points candy every 1500 edits, while you still make it 3 points per edits.

What you should do is add an improvement. Do what you said about the editor's candy (3 points per edit) and add a 500 or 750 points candy for drivers every 100 miles. That way you dont need have 2 servers connected to manage the candies.
Image
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Spain
Has thanked: 1013 times
Been thanked: 2098 times

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Ronniechin82