Change in editing points

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Change in editing points

Postby lopaolo69 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Marc... what a great idea.
But... maybe, the bug should be greater than the previous status :(

Paolo
lopaolo69
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby milkyway35 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Maybe a stupid comment ;)

but Why not getting points only with road candies ? and not directly by editing.

You edit, you collect candies. but you need to drive to get theses candies which are the only one that give you points.

(It was just a though)
milkyway35
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby karlcr9911 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:54 am

I agree with leaving the points as-is and focusing more on giving more candies/points to drivers to encourage more use. I feel that if there were move regular accumulation of candies (rewards for using the app) there would be greater use of the app. I'm in north east Texas and do not see a lot of Wazers on the map too often so I think this would be advantageous to focus more on additional rewards instead of taking them away and messing with the current point system.
karlcr9911
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby HandofMadness » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:12 pm

I'm getting fat just reading this thread.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby enhket » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Yes, the issue that got a few people annoyed is you guys couldnt fix the bug. Anyways, Lain is right, you are giving extra points to editors by giving a 750 points candy every 1500 edits, while you still make it 3 points per edits.

What you should do is add an improvement. Do what you said about the editor's candy (3 points per edit) and add a 500 or 750 points candy for drivers every 100 miles. That way you dont need have 2 servers connected to manage the candies.
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby asterix06 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:10 pm

iainhouse wrote:So it looks like we're going from getting 3 points per edit (1.5 through WME and 1.5 through candies) to getting 3.5 points per edit (3 through WME and 0.5 through candies). Please don't do this.

If you want to play with the balance of points between WME and candies, I have no problem with it. If you want to award the candies less often by giving them a higher value, I'm fine with that too (although the kids won't see them so often :lol: ).

What I'm not OK with, is giving more points to editors - or less for that matter. Recent discussions here showed messing with the points to be a contentious issue and the poll had a majority for leaving things as they are.

I think it's fair to say that there was a strong opinion wanting to see something added for drivers. I realise most of us here fall into the "editors" more than the "drivers" camp, but it's unfair to be giving editors more points whilst we still do nothing for the drivers who contribute to Waze.

@Shirli
this concept is correct.
Drivers should be very basic for Waze I believe...but it looks Waze is more interested in "pure editors" than in drivers checking the job done and providing traffic info data.

Anyway ...you decide.
asterix06
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:02 pm

iainhouse wrote:I think it's fair to say that there was a strong opinion wanting to see something added for drivers. I realise most of us here fall into the "editors" more than the "drivers" camp, but it's unfair to be giving editors more points whilst we still do nothing for the drivers who contribute to Waze.
I think it would be a good idea to have more bonus candies for drivers. There used to be VIP Waze Icons (that jumped) for certain things. Maybe something like an additional 500 points for every 5000 miles driven. Or an additional 50 points for every 100 reports you made that got at least one "thumbs up" (to encourage valid reports and not just users spamming the reporting system to make 100 reports to get points).
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iainhouse » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:50 pm

So it looks like we're going from getting 3 points per edit (1.5 through WME and 1.5 through candies) to getting 3.5 points per edit (3 through WME and 0.5 through candies). Please don't do this.

If you want to play with the balance of points between WME and candies, I have no problem with it. If you want to award the candies less often by giving them a higher value, I'm fine with that too (although the kids won't see them so often :lol: ).

What I'm not OK with, is giving more points to editors - or less for that matter. Recent discussions here showed messing with the points to be a contentious issue and the poll had a majority for leaving things as they are.

I think it's fair to say that there was a strong opinion wanting to see something added for drivers. I realise most of us here fall into the "editors" more than the "drivers" camp, but it's unfair to be giving editors more points whilst we still do nothing for the drivers who contribute to Waze.
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby shirlig » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:33 pm

The fact it was buggy was just one of the reasons to remove this achievement.
The main reason was that due to this achievement being very common, it seemed to make more sense to grant the points as part of the edit.
Moreover, as I mentioned, the "commonness" of this repeated achievement is not consistent with the way other achievements work and users who edit a lot - get a huge backlog of candies (which is sometimes followed by a buggy behavior).
We didn't think it would make such a difference if the points are credited per edit or with the bonus and therefore we decided to make the change.
Your reactions to my post made us realize that this achievement is actually very important for our community of editors and therefore we decided to change it instead of completely removing it.

Hope this is clearer now :)
shirlig
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby lopaolo69 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:03 pm

Please, I don't want any points anymore.
I'm editing because It's funny, it's give me a great sensation because I made something useful for all the drivers, so I don't need points.
Please, don't give me points when I edit a road.

Paolo
lopaolo69
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor