Change in editing points

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Change in editing points

Postby HandofMadness » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:12 pm

I'm getting fat just reading this thread.
CM: Thailand CM: USA
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby karlcr9911 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:54 am

I agree with leaving the points as-is and focusing more on giving more candies/points to drivers to encourage more use. I feel that if there were move regular accumulation of candies (rewards for using the app) there would be greater use of the app. I'm in north east Texas and do not see a lot of Wazers on the map too often so I think this would be advantageous to focus more on additional rewards instead of taking them away and messing with the current point system.
Asst. Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central
Global Champ / U.S. Country Manager
State Manager: Texas
iOS Beta Tester | WME Beta Tester
Image Image Image Image
Texas wiki | Welcome wiki
karlcr9911
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby milkyway35 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Maybe a stupid comment ;)

but Why not getting points only with road candies ? and not directly by editing.

You edit, you collect candies. but you need to drive to get theses candies which are the only one that give you points.

(It was just a though)
France Community Coordinator / Country Manager
Waze Community Communications Guidelines
As ChiefWazer said :
Code: Select all
"We all work together for a common goal here, we all want Waze to succeed in helping peoples everyday life"
milkyway35
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby lopaolo69 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Marc... what a great idea.
But... maybe, the bug should be greater than the previous status :(

Paolo
ImageImageImage
Waze 4.12.0.0 on a Iphone 6 (IOS 10.0.1).
CM Italy Senegal and Thailand
Il Pillolario - Link Utili
lopaolo69
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Riamus » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:07 pm

milkyway35 wrote:Maybe a stupid comment ;)

but Why not getting points only with road candies ? and not directly by editing.

You edit, you collect candies. but you need to drive to get theses candies which are the only one that give you points.

(It was just a though)

That would work for most editors assuming the current candy bug is fixed, but it wouldn't really work all that well for the hardcore editors. They are unlikely to ever drive anywhere near enough to get all of their points. Even I don't always get all of my candies within my drive to/from work. I don't do a lot of editing every single day though, so I catch back up eventually. But for someone who edits a lot almost every day, they'll just continue to stack candies and never get the points. Bad enough now when they end up only getting about half of their points, but worse if that's the only way to get points.

Besides, when you do that, you devalue editing. After all, you're saying that editors only deserve points if they also drive. That really isn't fair to them. Let's say you have a stay at home parent who edits at home, but never really goes anywhere - perhaps the spouse does the shopping and such. That person wouldn't get any points. That just doesn't seem right to me.

We already get points for driving. I don't think we need to require driving to get points. However, I do think we need to keep the candies for editing and add more for driving as well. The editing candies don't necessarily have to award points. They can just be a visible and audible "thank you" for editing. I don't know. I think we should keep them, but I don't think it makes sense to get editing points automatically and leave driving points for driving.
ImageImage
Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Riamus

Postby HandofMadness » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:37 pm

This is probably an idea for a different thread, but as long as we are monkeying with the candies system, I'd like to see them add more candies for non-editing drivers to prompt people to take less traveled streets. Sorta like how they do the candies during holiday promotions, but tweaked specifically to target roads that need more speed data to help with routing.
CM: Thailand CM: USA
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Riamus » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:09 pm

shawndoc wrote:This is probably an idea for a different thread, but as long as we are monkeying with the candies system, I'd like to see them add more candies for non-editing drivers to prompt people to take less traveled streets. Sorta like how they do the candies during holiday promotions, but tweaked specifically to target roads that need more speed data to help with routing.

Agreed. More candies/achievements in general, but specifically ones for roads that need data would be good. The downside to that, is that people in cities may not have many chances to get those points while those in rural areas probably can get points on almost every road simply due to fewer Waze users in the area. Unless it's based on a percentage compared to the average amount of data in the area. In that case, every area would have places where you can get points.
ImageImage
Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Riamus

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:48 pm

shawndoc wrote: Sorta like how they do the candies during holiday promotions, but tweaked specifically to target roads that need more speed data to help with routing.

That's what candies were originally totally about. They would be placed on out-of-the-way roads enticing drivers to get the candy over there. That, and cookie munching.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robindlc » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:48 am

After reading all this, a few suggestions...

a) For editors... just leave as it is, 1,5 points per edit... but candies at 1.500 points each 1.000 editions (instead of 750 points for 500 editions). Nothing changes except that candies will be just half in quantity but keeping overall value (as I understood from Shirli comments that one of the problems were that the achievement was very common... )

b) For drivers... One of the most important goals for waze is to have as much people as possible driving with waze app on.... so, just give a candy each 100 km... maybe 100 points.... I meant we do not have to focus on people driving 5.000 miles... we have to focus on regular people..

c) for roads nobody has driven there are the road munching... but maybe would be more efective to put also some candies...

Just one more idea :roll:
robindlc • CM SPAIN • WAZE CHAMPS • iOS & Waze ßeta
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby meb001 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:33 am

I agree with Robin, we maintain the same points for editors (but in a different way) and we motivate drivers to use the app and to go to new mapped placed. Excellent Robin
Marcelo Escobar
Chilean Country Manager
Chilean Forum Moderator
meb001
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor